Firewall and Hips Rules Editor

Go to solution Solved by Kucing Hitam,

I would like to create a rules to block ccleaner connection but when I go to Firewall Rules - Add Rule - Local - Application, I cannot add the application because it does not appear on ESET Windows. This problem occur after  update to version 15.0.16.0. The same problem also occur with hips rule editor.

Rules Editor.png

• Administrators

I see the problem, however, I can't reproduce it neither with the release nor pre-release update channel selected.

Entering a full path to the file should work around the issue.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector so that I can check the version of modules that you have.

• Most Valued Members
38 minutes ago, Kucing Hitam said:

I would like to create a rules to block ccleaner connection but when I go to Firewall Rules - Add Rule - Local - Application, I cannot add the application because it does not appear on ESET Windows. This problem occur after  update to version 15.0.16.0. The same problem also occur with hips rule editor.

Rules Editor.png

Is this just for ccleaner or does this occur if trying to add another .exe

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Is this just for ccleaner or does this occur if trying to add another .exe

The file type is wrong so it affects the listing of any folder. A weird thing is that I can't reproduce it neither with release nor pre-release module updates.

• Administrators

As I wrote, it's easy to work around it by entering or copying & pasting the complete path to an executable. Does somebody else have an incorrect type filter with "<b>" in the rule editor? I can't seem to reproduce it.