Request For New Features: Stop/pause And Idle-Only Scanning

Hello,

I'm using ESET NOD32 Linux 4.0.81 on Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop.

Every week, I run an automatic in-depth scan; the issue is that when it runs, almost nothing else can be done on the (multi-task) system because ESET monopolizes almost 100% of HDD I/O.

There are 3 ways I can think of to solve that issue:

1) provide a STOP/PAUSE feature

2) provide the ability to scan only when the system is idle

2) provide the ability to limit the % of allowed HDD/SSD IOPS (or whatever other media ESET is scanning), although I doubt it can be done on Linux desktop.

I feel the first 2 are almost compulsory for a modern AntiVirus software and are already available on many other similar softwares.

Regards.

Jean-Christophe

1 and 2 are already included.

1. during a scan you are able to click on the pause or on the cancel button to pause or cancel a scan.
  2. normally a scan can be automatically performed when the screensaver is running, the logon screen is shown or the computer is locked.
    post-3952-0-79743600-1407692605_thumb.png

And this two answers are for Windows programs. I don't know how it is with the Linux version, but you are at the wrong forum here. I would suggest that a moderator moves with topic to the Linux forum.

BTW: Why you are running an in-depth scan? A normal smart scan should use much less resources.

Edited by rugk

but you are at the wrong forum here. I would suggest that a moderator moves with topic to the Linux forum.

It already is in the right forum section ->  ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop.

but you are at the wrong forum here. I would suggest that a moderator moves with topic to the Linux forum.

It already is in the right forum section ->  ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop.

Oh, yeah. :wacko:

I only read Nod32 and I thought it was ESET Nod32 Antivirus for Home Users. Sorry...