How to disable Alerts and Warnings - specifically Operating system updates

I don't need to see the "Operating system updates available" or the "Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not in use" (Windows firewall is off) warnings. They just clutter things up and cause trouble (The little boy who cried wolf).

How do I disable those warnings?

• Administrators

You can disable notifications about available OS updates via a policy here:

image.png

This is also reported by agent so you may need to disable it in an agent policy too.

Please keep in mind that installing critical security updates is crucial for keeping the system secure.

• Marcos changed the title to How to disable Alerts and Warnings - specifically Operating system updates

I went to one customer and manually changed on each PC. I would still like to know of a bulk way to do the update AND I still don't see how to get it to quit warning of Windows Firewall being off.  I have a Managed Service Platform we do this from is why I don't want MSP ESET telling me this. Again, too many times your (ESET's) screen is crying wolf. 

• ESET Staff

Hello, if you want to apply the change in "bulk" you can configure all parameters of ESET software using "policies".

Just navigate to "policies" tab in ESET PROTECT / PROTECT Cloud, and adjust the following settings: 

- Endpoint for Windows / Tools / Microsoft Windows Update

- ESET Management Agent / Advanced Settings / Report if operating system is not up-t-date + you have also there setting for firewall issues reporting 

Management Agent.jpg

endpoint for windows.jpg