AMD warns of up to 15% Windows 11 performance decrease

Nightowl

There are other issues also: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-11-microsoft-is-investigating-these-eight-problems/

The most interesting one is you can't upgrade to Win 11🙄:

Some users see a message stating, "This PC doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11" on the Windows Update page even if their hardware is compatible.

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, itman said:

he most interesting one is you can't upgrade to Win 11🙄:

That's is more better :D, I will delay the upgrade as long as possible, but I hope Microsoft won't force it on us.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, Nightowl said:

That's is more better :D, I will delay the upgrade as long as possible, but I hope Microsoft won't force it on us.

Can't upgrade myself as hardware is too old

AMD says that they'll release an update to fix the issue within this month, so that's good. I've been using Windows 11 since July. It has some annoyances and missing features, but overall it's basically Windows 10, so everything is running fine for me. I did a fresh installation on October 5th of the stable build. I see that VBS is turned off on my device. I'm not sure if any Windows or AMD driver update turned it off or for some reason it wasn't on for me by default. VBS seems to be the main culprit behind AMD's performance drop so happy to have it turned off for now. 

• Most Valued Members

For me I would wait for it to be stable for LTSB / Enterprise version , anyway Microsoft did exclude lot of processors even from Generation 7 and 8 of processors because of their requirements , not like all people will rush to stores now to buy processors just to put a Windows 11

Even though that it's feels like a theme for Windows 10 that is made by MacOS designers, I don't see a reason for upgrading.

For me if Linux had a better gaming side , then I would not touch a Windows again.