Jump to content

antivirus version 15.0.6


Recommended Posts

  • Most Valued Members

You need to apply to be an ESET Insider so you can test beta versions , I believe you need to contact one of the Forum Moderators for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, persianmcse said:

When will the final version be ready?

Very soon. Please stay tuned for latest news.

If you want to get it earlier, switch to the pre-release update channel and wait a while until it becomes available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Very soon. Please stay tuned for latest news.

If you want to get it earlier, switch to the pre-release update channel and wait a while until it becomes available.

1 - Want to know the difference between regular update and pre-release update?

2 - if the pre-release is better because the eset program doesn't put it as default?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
5 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

1 - Want to know the difference between regular update and pre-release update?

2 - if the pre-release is better because the eset program doesn't put it as default?

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3415-enable-pre-release-updates-in-eset-windows-home-products

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

1 - Want to know the difference between regular update and pre-release update?

2 - if the pre-release is better because the eset program doesn't put it as default?

As far as I'm aware the pre release version contains fixes to issues and eset recommend people use it to see if it works and if there are any other issues. However eset don't recommend activating it on work computers in case of any issues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
26 minutes ago, peteyt said:

As far as I'm aware the pre release version contains fixes to issues and eset recommend people use it to see if it works and if there are any other issues. However eset don't recommend activating it on work computers in case of any issues 

Yea pre-release can be given to those who selected it , so ESET can make sure that they didn't make a mistake with those updates and it worked properly , then it would go to regular update channel

So they can avoid mistakes happening in the Regular Channel so they don't impact million of users around the world , they'd rather test it with pre-release before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I would add that only a small fraction of users switch to the pre-release channel so the modules that are released to all users are in 99,9% same as those on the pre-release channel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

I do prefer it enabled because if they do release a fix its handy to test it otherwise they wouldn't know if it's properly working or if it's caused possible other issues. Obviously eset will probably have quality control but there's that many hardware combinations that things can be missed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It's currently on the pre-release channel, will be announced when released globally.

Anyways, it'd be good to try it out and let us know about how you like it. Especially we'd like to hear from users of ESET Smart Security Premium how they like the new LiveGuard feature (cloud sandbox coupled with proactive protection).

If you don't have an ESSP license and want to try LiveGuard, you can temporarily uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Internet Security and install ESET Smart Security Premium and activate a 1-month trial version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible to do this without losing the current settings (NOD32, EIS) ? Then how to do a rollback to the license and return to the current software settings (NOD32, EIS) ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

You can export the settings and import them into ESSP or EAV/EIS if you install it after trialing ESSP.

Just out of curiosity, what default settings did you change?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's currently on the pre-release channel, will be announced when released globally.

Anyways, it'd be good to try it out and let us know about how you like it. Especially we'd like to hear from users of ESET Smart Security Premium how they like the new LiveGuard feature (cloud sandbox coupled with proactive protection).

If you don't have an ESSP license and want to try LiveGuard, you can temporarily uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Internet Security and install ESET Smart Security Premium and activate a 1-month trial version.

Is there any image/video demonstration of how this new LiveGrid feature works on ESSP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, SeriousHoax said:

Is there any image/video demonstration of how this new LiveGrid feature works on ESSP?

https://help.eset.com/essp/15/en-US/idh_config_liveguard.html

Based on Eset's write up, LiveGuard has the capability to block suspicious process execution until full Eset cloud analysis completes. So we are still dependent upon Eset's other protection mechanisms to determine suspicious status.

Micosoft Defender block-at-first-sight processing on the other hand submits all unknown files based on SmartScreen reputation status for cloud scanning. Its major weakness is it only performs this analysis for files downloaded from the Internet and as such, have the "mark-of-the-web" ADS associated with them.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It's basically whitelisted files, files signed by Microsoft, files not carrying malware, such as text files, etc. that are not submitted so any file that might be potentially malicious should be submitted. Below is a screenshot of what happens if you attempt to run a new malware extracted from an archive:

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's basically whitelisted files, files signed by Microsoft, files not carrying malware, such as text files, etc. that are not submitted so any file that might be potentially malicious should be submitted. Below is a screenshot of what happens if you attempt to run a new malware extracted from an archive:

image.png

Differences with EDTD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is similar to Avast's (and AVG) CyberCapture feature, which is available even in the free version. The difference is that cybercapture is dependent on the Mark of the Web similar to Microsoft's Block at First Sight feature, while it seems with ESET it's for every file that is not known to ESET. So this is a nice feature and a good addition. But I can't really justify the decision to not include it in the Internet Security version. ESSP is ridiculously expensive. LiveGuard should've been made available to both EIS and ESSP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is looking good.  @Marcos  Is it too late to join the beta at this point?  Also, will this also be a thing with business products or is this what is already in there with the optional cloud based protection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
28 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

This is looking good.  @Marcos  Is it too late to join the beta at this point?  Also, will this also be a thing with business products or is this what is already in there with the optional cloud based protection?

Beta v15 was provided only to the members of the ESET Insider program. It will be released in a few days.

Currently we have ESET Endpoint Security v9 available for beta testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...