ESET PROTECT and Outlook (O365)

Ever since we upgraded from ESMC v7.2 to ESET PROTECT v8.0.19.0 (not the latest release), our endpoints are having issues with loading Outlook. After opening up Outlook, they are stuck loading, indefinitely. I am able to open up Outlook in safe mode. Our temporary solution is a policy that disables Outlook integration in the settings for all Endpoints. However, this creates another issue. To no surprise, all endpoints have an alert saying "Email protection by client plugins is non-functional".

Two questions, are there any known issues with ESET's outlook integration for Outlook (O365)? Secondly, is there anyway to temporarily disable the email protection alerts that our endpoints are giving off?

• Administrators

It's weird cause no changes have been made to the Outlook plug-in for years. Therefore I'd recommend raising a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.

As for the red protection status after disabling the plug-in, you can avoid it by disabling the appropriate application status:

image.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 9:05 AM, Marcos said:

It's weird cause no changes have been made to the Outlook plug-in for years. Therefore I'd recommend raising a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.

As for the red protection status after disabling the plug-in, you can avoid it by disabling the appropriate application status:

image.png

That worked for the clients. Thanks.

As for the functionality problem notifications in the ESET PROTECT console, is there anyway to silence or disable them?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

That worked for the clients. Thanks.

As for the functionality problem notifications in the ESET PROTECT console, is there anyway to silence or disable them?

You can do that via a policy by applying the above setting. It allows you to choose if a particular app status will be: 1, reported on clients, 2, reported to ESET PROTECT:

image.png