ESET Client not getting updates from ERA Server

emammadov

Hello,

We have ESET ERA Version 8.1. Everything is ok. But if there is no internet connection in a workstation, ESET client don't get updates from internal ESET ERA and it shows "Product update failed, Server connection error". I have enabled HTTP Proxy (port 3128) in Server Settings / Advanced Settings and chosen "Use global proxy server settings" in Policy. What should I more to have it working? Thank you.

• Administrators

If you use the very same proxy setting in a browser on a machine where the update is failing, can you open websites?

Please enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support and run update to reproduce the error. Then disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

• Administrators

For an unknown reason the Diagnostics folder is empty despite logging was enabled.

6. 10. 2021 14:24:14    ESET Kernel    Advanced logging has stopped and logs were created.     SYSTEM    
6. 10. 2021 14:23:14    ESET Kernel    Advanced logging started.    SYSTEM    

Please keep an eye on the folder and make sure that logs start to be generated immediately after enabling advanced logging:

image.png

Last but not least I'd strongly recommend enabling the following for maximum protection:

LiveGrid Feedback System
HTTPS protocol scanning