Issues with 7.0.15.0-0 ?

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

ESET Mobile (version server = non-beta) (Premium license).
Samsung Galaxy A51, Android 11, One UI 3.1., Security patch July 1, 2021.

Hello,

Since October 2, I have seen several issues after regularly updating 6.3.66.0 to 7.0.15.0-0 :

First, the automatic scan "with charger" was active while inactive on 6.3.66.0.
But above all, a notification asked to activate the authorization on all files… already active.
Another notification informed me that I had to enable anti-phishing protection on Chrome while it was active in the app.
The last notification is not erasable.

When updating any application via Google Play Store, the ESET icon (top left of the screen) rotates continuously and a notification indicates the last updated application. The icon rotates continuously and the notification is not erasable.
You have to restart the smartphone for the icon to stop but the notification regarding anti-phishing appears again. Non-erasable notification.
Note that "Permanent notification" in the notification settings is unchecked.

Today, version 7.0.15 no longer seems to be offered by Play Store for A51.
Ditto for my second Samsung (A41) which remains on version 6.3.66.0.
On A51 I cannot go back except by reinstalling the app. I only want to do this as a last possibility. And it would be useless if 7.0.15 reinstalls itself. Might as well wait for a new update.

Thanks for reading my post and sorry for my English.

Michel
Brussels (French)

Hello,
Yesterday, after updating several apps through Play Store and restarting the device, the icon and notification finally disappeared.
But as soon as there was a new app update through Play Store, the rotating icon and a notification reappeared.
Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled ESET Mobile Security: it is the old version 6.3.66.0 which was again available on the Play Store. And everything works as before.
Watch out for the next update but probably less buggy.

Michel

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, MichWeb said:

Hello,
Yesterday, after updating several apps through Play Store and restarting the device, the icon and notification finally disappeared.
But as soon as there was a new app update through Play Store, the rotating icon and a notification reappeared.
Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled ESET Mobile Security: it is the old version 6.3.66.0 which was again available on the Play Store. And everything works as before.
Watch out for the next update but probably less buggy.

Michel

Sounds the same issue currently present on the Beta version 

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

Sounds the same issue currently present on the Beta version 

Indeed, I had read the other post on this specific subject.
The update which is in development, compatible with Android 12, seems delicate.

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

On 10/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, MichWeb said:

When updating any application via Google Play Store, the ESET icon (top left of the screen) rotates continuously and a notification indicates the last updated application. The icon rotates continuously and the notification is not erasable.
You have to restart the smartphone for the icon to stop but the notification regarding anti-phishing appears again. Non-erasable notification.
Note that "Permanent notification" in the notification settings is unchecked.

I had the issue with the stuck notifications as well.

It is fixed in version 7.0.16.0, which is now available as a BETA.

Peter

Hello,
Version 7.0.16 has just been released on the Play Store for my Samsung A51 ... but I'll wait a bit before installing it. 😉
Michel

Edited by MichWeb

Greetings!

Thanks for the info. But version here is 6.3.66.0

No version 7 available in Google store for Mi 9T Pro Global. 

Will have to wait... 

Have a nice weekend! 

Edited by L Olsson

Hello,
On Samsung, I had no problem with 6.3.66.0.

But a few minutes ago when connecting my second Samsung Galaxy (A41), not yet version 7.0.16.0 but a notification specifying that the anti-theft was not completely configured appeared a few moments before disappearing (while Microsoft OneDrive was updated via Google Play Store).
That's right (blocking the device if you remove the SIM card is not activated) but this notification had never appeared on A41.
Is it on the server side that this is happening ?
Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me / someone from ESET could say more?

I'm still waiting a bit before updating to 7.0.16.0 on A51.

Good evening / Good day to you.

Hello,
I installed version 7.0.16.0 on Galaxy A51 :
I had to re-allow access to all files and the notification disappeared perfectly this time around.
Apparently, device scan while charging is checked by default since this version.
Notifications are working fine.

On Galaxy A41, 7.0.16.0 is not yet available.

Regards.