ESET Protect Version Upgrade

Do I have to install / update to ESET Protect ver 8.1.13.0 or I can jump to install / update to ver 8.1.13.1 using the All-in-one installer?

My ESET protect server / web console current version is 8.0. I previously upgraded from ver 7.x to 8.0 using the All-in-one installer.

Can please send me link to download or can I download from my ESET protect console the all-in-one installer for ver 8.1.13.0?

Also I tried doing the Upgrade product option via the console, backed up all CA, Peer Cert, DB, but did not update the version to 8.1.13.0. The ESET protect server service went to stopping status since I left overnight. Is it because when I upgraded to ver 8.0 I used the all-in-one installer? Thanks!

• ESET Staff

Difference between 8.1.13.0 and 8.1.13.1 is that later embeds newer version of HTTP Proxy and MirrorTool - in case you are not using those components, there will be no difference. In case you would like to upgrade to 8.1, feel free to download latest available all-in-one installer at the time and use it.

Regarding failed on-product upgrade, it is hard to diagnose without proper data, so I would recommend to open support ticket in case issue persists, so that proper logs for analysis are collected.

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, mars_ots said:

Got it. I can have the ESET Protect server, console ver 8.0 and the clients can upgrade to 8.1.13.1? Thanks for the reply. 

If I am not mistaken there shouldn't be a problem to stay with console v 8.0 and make endpoints upgrade to 8.1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mars_ots said:

Got it. I can have the ESET Protect server, console ver 8.0 and the clients can upgrade to 8.1.13.1? Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, you can upgrade Endpoint on clients to v8.1 or stay with v8.0 for a while. You can configure Endpoint to update the product automatically via a policy and it will update to the latest version about 1-2 months after the release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 9:20 PM, Marcos said:

Yes, you can upgrade Endpoint on clients to v8.1 or stay with v8.0 for a while. You can configure Endpoint to update the product automatically via a policy and it will update to the latest version about 1-2 months after the release.

Hi, do you have the link on how to set this on a existing policy on ESET Protect Ver 8.0? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff
On 10/16/2021 at 12:35 AM, labynko said:

ESET PROTECT installer does not allow upgrading from 8.1.13.1 to 8.1.13.2. Why so?

There has been only Apache HTTP Proxy component upgraded between these components: could you confirm this component is not upgrade when using all-in-one installer? Otherwise no other upgrades should be offered.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, MartinK said:

could you confirm this component is not upgrade when using all-in-one installer?

Yes, I confirm. I updated it manually.