Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 8 Beta Available

Although the eye does look good, I'm afraid I have to say the "e" is probably more suited to the program, as it does instantly show the customer that Eset is running, where as an "eye" dosent really mean anything, and you have to remember not all users are as experienced / knowledgeable as others!

I don't know why this hasn't quoted the post on the first page!

Edited by surfer1000

@DinGo and Surfer1000

I understand, that's quite common for ISP routers, and the ISP can have the ability to "remote connect" to the router and do remote assistance and fix problems incase a customer is calling the support, and send out firmware updates automatically etc...

Edited by SweX

@DinGo and Surfer1000

I understand, that's quite common for ISP routers, and the ISP can have the ability to "remote connect" to the router and do remote assistance and fix problems incase a customer is calling the support, and send out firmware updates automatically etc...

That's exactly what happens to our modem as it's supplied from the ISP, however unfortunately we are a bit stuck with their hardware, as there is very little competition in modems being vdsl and duel wifi ac bands. Edited by surfer1000

• ESET Insiders

Yes I thought I could mention it here incase any ESET devs are trying to find the problem and fix it but they could have a hard time finding it if the problem isn't in the V8 Beta.  :D

No they may not always respond but I believe they are reading each post, personally I think a short reply is always better than no reply.  :)

It's been hard for me to keep up to date with everything recently due my migraines. The computer screen has been triggering them everytime lately, I have been really sensitive to light. I tried logging in a few days ago just to touch base, but I kept getting an error message each time I tried to login so it just wasn't meant to be.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

I'm sorry to hear that, I understand how you feel. :(

I hope you get better soon mate, shame that f.lux didn't seem to help you very much. 

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

Program doesn't appear to want to update today, I have pre release on yet my database is 10430P when the general release is at 10437, what's going on ?

The update servers may be temporarily overloaded due to a bigger update. Try updating several times or simply wait until the program updates automatically.

Mine has been stuck on 10433p since yesterday.

If I try to manually update it tells me that the definitions are already up to date.

UPDATE

Now updated to 10439. Back to normal :)

Edited by DinGo

• ESET Insiders

Eset Smart Security performs 2 scans at the same time. I clicked on custom scan, and selected to scan everything under C drive including operating memory, and boot sector. After I already ticked to scan everything for C drive I saw that the scan profile said Smart Scan so I did not perform the scan. I wanted to configure the profile for an In-depth scan, and not a Smart Scan. I then clicked on the drop down menu under profiles to see what other scan profiles were available. I then selected the In-depth scan, and ticked to scan everything under C drive again for the In-depth scan profile. I then went back to untick everything that I had ticked for the Smart Scan, but it had already been unticked for me by ESS. There was nothing ticked for the Smart Scan profile. So I went back, and performed the In-depth Scan. After it had been scanning for about a minute I noticed that ESS was conducting 2 scans at the same time. I guess ESS was performing the Smart Scan, and the Indepth scan at the same time even though everything had been unticked for the Smart Scan. ESS should have only been performing the In-depth Scan. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate.

post-1030-0-09757400-1411087987_thumb.jpg

• ESET Insiders

Just a little heads up for anyone using Ghostery plugin for Firefox. I was not able to attach my screen shot with it enabled. Ghostery only reported blocking Google Analytics each time I clicked on the attachment option, but it never would give me the option to attach the screen shot. I then paused Ghostery blocking, and then I was able to attach the screen shot with no problem. It's strange that Ghostery only reported blocking Google Analytics when trying to attach my screen shot. I don't see how that would prevent one from attaching a screenshot to their post.

Updates still having a problem, just come onto my pc today, and normally the first thing that happens is Eset notification of update, but nothing for 5mins, so then manually checked a few times for it to get them!

Just a little heads up for anyone using Ghostery plugin for Firefox. I was not able to attach my screen shot with it enabled. Ghostery only reported blocking Google Analytics each time I clicked on the attachment option, but it never would give me the option to attach the screen shot. I then paused Ghostery blocking, and then I was able to attach the screen shot with no problem. It's strange that Ghostery only reported blocking Google Analytics when trying to attach my screen shot. I don't see how that would prevent one from attaching a screenshot to their post.

This forum has to "upload types". You can either use the advanced mode (working with Adobe Flash Player) or the simple mode (without Flash). You can switch them below the upload button.

And this can also be a problem with Ghostery. I would suggest to check out if this works correctly with ESS/NOD32 v7.

Or does this has nothing to do with ESET?

• ESET Insiders

I used the advanced mode, and the simple mode at the time the problem occurred. Neither one worked. I don't know if the problem occurs with V7. I don't have time to roll my machine back, or uninstall V8 at the present time.

• ESET Insiders

Btw.. every time I click on post to make my post it takes about 10 seconds before it makes the post. I don't remember that happening with V7, but maybe the forum is just running a little slow right now.

Edit: it just took over 20 seconds to make this post after clicking on the post button. That's pretty slow!

Yes, every now and then the forum can feel a little sluggish, right now it's pretty speedy for me anyway. It can change from day to day.

Hehe not that speedy anymore...12 sec for this post to be published after I clicked the button.

And right now i'm on V7.

Edited by SweX

Well, if Botnet protection and Java exploit blocker is nothing new compared to new gui that wasn't re-made ... Each to his own. Regarding rootkits, ESET has employed Anti-stealth for ages already. Regarding malware, ESET has been continually improving protection on a daily basis by releasing engine and module updates, including advanced heuristics which has undergone substantial changes in the last 2 years.

Hi Marcos,

When Eset updates engine and modules for V7, do you also update V8beta modules in synch? If not, what V7 engine and modules the V8 is based on? Which release - V7 or V8 - currently provides better protection?

What is V8 expected release date?

If a user updates V7 to V8Beta, what will happen with current license? Will V8 continue to work until current V7 license expires, or V8beta is free until V8 is fully released?

Pls clarify the above questions, they are essential to understand for everyone considering the update. 

Hello,

I'm not Marcos but I answer the bits I know.  :)

1. no release date is set yet that I know of.

2. The V8 Beta is open for everyone to try out and Beta test. Beta testers will be able to use it until the Final is released. After that a real product license is needed.

3. Yes the license will work with V8 as well, you just need to put in your license credentials in the product. You can actually use any version you want from oldie V3.0 to latest V8.0 with a valid license, the license is not tied to a specific version. Version upgrades are always free of charge for license holders.

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

SweX is correct regarding your ability to upgrade with an existing license. 

Existing ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security users can upgrade to newer versions for free. 

• ESET Insiders

What is the best email address to send bug reports to for beta products? I keep getting an error code when ESS 8 beta attempts to download the latest Virus signature database on my laptop. The update keeps failing. It's a very large update to be only a signature update, and I don't have pre-released updates enabled on this Laptop. I think it was around 40 mbs. It reports to be an undocumented serious error (0X1106). I have a sysinspector log, and screen shot to send Eset. I'm using Windows 7X64 with all the latest patches.

• Most Valued Members

What is the best email address to send bug reports to for beta products? I keep getting an error code when ESS 8 beta attempts to download the latest Virus signature database on my laptop. The update keeps failing. It's a very large update to be only a signature update, and I don't have pre-released updates enabled on this Laptop. I think it was around 40 mbs. It reports to be an undocumented serious error (0X1106). I have a sysinspector log, and screen shot to send Eset. I'm using Windows 7X64 with all the latest patches.

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/form/

Hey Cutting,

I assume it's the large update that contains updates for the engine and modules that was released a while ago. 

Does the update come down if you click manually on the update button several times in a row? If that doesn't help, try clearing your update cache, and then try to update manually once again a couple times.

FYI this is a quote from a KB article that was published when the update was released, the KB article no longer exists so I copied the text from one of my own posts.

The latest ESET product update is larger than usual and may cause longer than expected download times. In ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) managed settings, client computers may report as not up-to-date for an extended period of time.  

The large size of this update (about 30MB as compared to typical updates which are smaller than 1MB) is due to significant product module changes that are being distributed. These updates change the way that ESET processes files on your system, and help to ensure that ESET continues to offer the highest level of security.  

In settings where ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) is used, the ERA server will be aware of the new update before it is available for all clients, which can result in these clients displaying as not up-to-date. If you believe that you are experiencing update issues unrelated to the latest update, please see our Update Mirror Troubleshooting checklist.  

We appreciate your patience and are working quickly to ensure that our users are up-to-date as soon as possible.  

Thank you,  

The ESET Team

Edited by SweX