Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 8 Beta Available

• ESET Insiders

What is the best email address to send bug reports to for beta products? I keep getting an error code when ESS 8 beta attempts to download the latest Virus signature database on my laptop. The update keeps failing. It's a very large update to be only a signature update, and I don't have pre-released updates enabled on this Laptop. I think it was around 40 mbs. It reports to be an undocumented serious error (0X1106). I have a sysinspector log, and screen shot to send Eset. I'm using Windows 7X64 with all the latest patches.

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/form/

Thank You!

• ESET Insiders

What is the best email address to send bug reports to for beta products? I keep getting an error code when ESS 8 beta attempts to download the latest Virus signature database on my laptop. The update keeps failing. It's a very large update to be only a signature update, and I don't have pre-released updates enabled on this Laptop. I think it was around 40 mbs. It reports to be an undocumented serious error (0X1106). I have a sysinspector log, and screen shot to send Eset. I'm using Windows 7X64 with all the latest patches.

Hey Cutting,

I assume it's the large update that contains updates for the engine and modules that was released a while ago. 

Does the update come down if you click manually on the update button several times in a row? If that doesn't help, try clearing your update cache, and then try to update manually once again a couple times.

FYI this is a quote from a KB article that was published when the update was released, the KB article no longer exists so I copied the text from one of my own posts.

The latest ESET product update is larger than usual and may cause longer than expected download times. In ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) managed settings, client computers may report as not up-to-date for an extended period of time.  

The large size of this update (about 30MB as compared to typical updates which are smaller than 1MB) is due to significant product module changes that are being distributed. These updates change the way that ESET processes files on your system, and help to ensure that ESET continues to offer the highest level of security.  

In settings where ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) is used, the ERA server will be aware of the new update before it is available for all clients, which can result in these clients displaying as not up-to-date. If you believe that you are experiencing update issues unrelated to the latest update, please see our Update Mirror Troubleshooting checklist.  

We appreciate your patience and are working quickly to ensure that our users are up-to-date as soon as possible.  

Thank you,  

The ESET Team

Thank You for the info. It seems to have updated on it's own now. I wonder if Eset still wants the data I collected.

Yes sure.

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/5/#offline

You pick either the off-line installer or live installer wich ever you want. (I always use the off-line installer myself)

For the off-line installer you chose 64-bit in the drop down menu.

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

No! The beta is over, ESET has released the final version! :)

So you of course can download it from the official website.

More information here:

https://forum.eset.com/index.php?showtopic=3327

And here:

https://forum.eset.com/index.php?showtopic=3328

Wow! This must be the shortest beta period for Eset ever, or maybe I just joined the party a little late.

• Most Valued Members

I noticed the ESET International or other ones outside the USA don't have version 8 available yet - is it okay downloading and installing from the US site for use outside the US or is it better to wait until version 8 is released in the relevant localised sections of ESET's website?

I noticed the ESET International or other ones outside the USA don't have version 8 available yet - is it okay downloading and installing from the US site for use outside the US or is it better to wait until version 8 is released in the relevant localised sections of ESET's website?

Yes sure no problem. I have download the installer from the International, US, and Local site through the years, there's no difference that I know of anyway. :)

edit: surfer1000 was faster :P

Edited by SweX

• Most Valued Members

Yes sure no problem. I have download the installer from the International, US, and Local site through the years, there's no difference that I know of anyway. :)

Yes I'm in UK, your good to go :-)

Great, thanks!  :D Congratulations to the ESET team for releasing version 8.

No! The beta is over, ESET has released the final version! :)

So you of course can download it from the official website.

More information here:

https://forum.eset.com/index.php?showtopic=3327

And here:

https://forum.eset.com/index.php?showtopic=3328

Wow! This must be the shortest beta period for Eset ever, 

Yeah maybe you're right.....55 days since the beta was launched to the final was released yesterday.  :)

or maybe I just joined the party a little late.

Maybe, not sure when you joined exactly but you have used it for a few weeks at least.  :D

Edited by SweX

Yes it was really very short. Also only one BETA built was released.

And I found some errors (in the BETA) and haven't published it until now... :rolleyes:

Yes it was really very short. Also only one BETA built was released.

And I found some errors (in the BETA) and haven't published it until now... :rolleyes:

Hello, rugk.

The build was probably only one (I wasn't following this), but the modules were updated.

Btw, even when V8 was released already, you can still submit your findings (about errors) to the support team using the "Contact Customer Care" form. In case that an error is verified, it will be forwarded to developers :)

Edited by LaiLai

• 3 weeks later...

ESET beta 8 is more secure as it is add explicit blocker ,more powerful protection ,more start up lite but its main window open very slow for every computer I installed for innovation and awareness 

Our opinion is that bringing new protection features is much more important that changing icons and gui a bit. Maybe some vendors make new versions with minor face-lifts and then offer upgrade for a fee but that's not the path ESET wants to follow. Our aim has always been to bring state-of-the-art protection to our users, keep them away from threats endangering their digital worlds and to continually work on improving protection as malware writers try hard to find ways how to evade protection.

For good sake, please revert the Eset logo as introduced in v7 with v6 i.e.

from attachicon.gifcCgvCzCs.pngto  attachicon.gifd3ZpKxk.png

Yes I like this old logo.

• 4 weeks later...