Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 8 Beta Available

• Most Valued Members

I got caught up in the Windows Update fiasco yesterday. I ended up restoring my system to just before installing Beta 8 in safe mode. Eset was NOT the cause of my issues, I want to make that clear. Now that the two or maybe three MS updates 

that are causing the mayhem have been identified I want to reinstall 8 Beta again.

Can I export my current settings in v7 and import them in to v8? I installed over v7 the first time which gave me pause when everything went bonkers yesterday. Would exporting the rules etc. and importing them in to v8 be the same as installing over v7?

I have a ton of self defined rules that I really do want to recreate right now. MS gave me enough hair pulling and ranting to last at least a couple of months.

Here's the story on the MS update issue if your having problems or just want to see what some of us are going through:

hxxp://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/blue-screen-stop-0x050-error-reported-systems-installing-kb2976897-kb2982791-and-kb2970228-248363

You can export your settings to xml and re-import them into version 8. The firewall rules will go with the xml too.

I installed over the top without issues.

• Most Valued Members

You can export your settings to xml and re-import them into version 8. The firewall rules will go with the xml too.

I installed over the top without issues.

I thought that there maybe some advantage to uninstalling 7 before 8. I'll just install over v7 as I did the first time. Thanks for your reply.

Wonderfull Eset:)

I have installed this new beta version, directly over Eset Smart Security 7 - Not one single problem so far.
No memory consumption or other strange issues.

In terms of the GUI - I have tried to review almost all functions, and so far no errors have been discovered.

I will keep an eye and report if something should occur.

hxxp://i.imgur.com/4Jqpav6.png

hxxp://i.imgur.com/QtfwUn9.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Since ESET Smart Security 8 is a beta version, I would suggest installing it as many ways as possible; over an existing installation, clean install, in virtualized and native environments, and so forth.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Aryeh is absolutely right.

We need to find bugs and issues. We need complete stability every which way possible. Try as many different scenarios as you can, as that is the idea of Beta ! :)

At Eset Smart Security In section Schedule should be added possibility to schedule scan at each 10, 15, 30 start of computer or define a scan data and execute scan with first start of computer (ex: 05.04.14 full system scan at first computer start).

ESET Smart Security 8 BETA Feedback problem?

I was using beta 2014-08-06 and I have saw in firewall logs that there is something blocking dont know what also firewall settings are default.

So that svhost is blocking from that day I installed   :(

And what that mean by the rule I havent touched any rule? 

Also Im very surprised of ESS low perfomance (not gui just overall) thats good ! :D

I choosed publick network but Im in my home but I think public is more safer :D

Big question why DNS Poisoning attack is disabled by default in ESS version 8 and also in the latest 7 ?

post-1376-0-98962400-1408544210_thumb.png

post-1376-0-69655500-1408544724_thumb.png

post-1376-0-00538600-1408544733_thumb.png

post-1376-0-73346900-1408544733_thumb.png

post-1376-0-90708600-1408544767_thumb.png

Edited by Wortex

I uninstalled eset to reinstall the previous version of the problem .. eset eset 8 beta is uninstalling says Falfa six minutes to uninstall and when I see the past 6 minutes, keeps uninstalling it, to uninstall eset takes a long time, have to improve it, if I have a problem and need to reinstall it to uninstall demors much says missing 6 minutes to complete uninstallation and when you will see it takes more than 6 minutes, has to improve and correct the uninstall because is very slow and takes

I installed beta Smart Security V8, [clean install} a week or so ago.  Just wanted to say I have no problems so far and it is running as smoothly as V7.  KOR-

Hi ,

In version 8 alpha,

is there any tab or option, which shows the number of allowed pcs and the days remaining, in software?

For example: can i see in the application that my license is for 2 pcs and 200 days remaining?????

-- another question is.. ??does my username and password from version 7 work at version 8 alpha or i should do some other act to use my old userpass at new final version???

--I want to know is tehere any different between 8 beta and 8 alpha(final) at interface or activity???

Thanks alot

• Administrators

I was using beta 2014-08-06 and I have saw in firewall logs that there is something blocking dont know what also firewall settings are default.

So that svhost is blocking from that day I installed    :(

Also Im very surprised of ESS low perfomance (not gui just overall) thats good !  :D

Big question why DNS Poisoning attack is disabled by default in ESS version 8 and also in the latest 7 ?

One of the screen shots shows that you selected Public network for the local subnet 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. This is not recommended as local subnet should be trusted; otherwise some crucial services, such as file sharing will not work and you may be getting a lot of blocked connections from other devices in LAN as well.

Detection of DNS cache was disabled in default settings a couple of months ago, it's nothing new. On some systems it may report false positives due to the way it works.

Hi ,

In version 8 alpha,

is there any tab or option, which shows the number of allowed pcs and the days remaining, in software?

For example: can i see in the application that my license is for 2 pcs and 200 days remaining?????

-- another question is.. ??does my username and password from version 7 work at version 8 alpha or i should do some other act to use my old userpass at new final version???

--I want to know is tehere any different between 8 beta and 8 alpha(final) at interface or activity???

Thanks alot

Hello,

1. The license can be used on as many PC's as you chose when you bought it, the expire date can be seen in the "About" window in the software. 

But you have to remember on how many devices or PC's you use the software, but that shouldn't be too hard to remember I guess. There is currently no online console or similar where you can monitor license activity.

2. A valid license can be used for any version from V3 to V8. So Yes it will work. (version upgrades are always Free of charge)

We don't know what the final will look like, but it will most likely look very similar to the V8 Beta. And the resource usage too, if that's what you meant by "activity".

Just FYI afaik, it's like this... Alpha -> Beta -> Final  (sometimes a release candidate (RC) can be released before the Final)

Edited by SweX

So that svhost is blocking from that day I installed    :(

Also Im very surprised of ESS low perfomance (not gui just overall) thats good !  :D

One of the screen shots shows that you selected Public network for the local subnet 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. This is not recommended as local subnet should be trusted; otherwise some crucial services, such as file sharing will not work and you may be getting a lot of blocked connections from other devices in LAN as well.

Detection of DNS cache was disabled in default settings a couple of months ago, it's nothing new. On some systems it may report false positives due to the way it works.

I swiched from Public to Home and I get the same, but I found that the ESS shows those logs after steam starts so thats the problem.  

Steam version is the latest not cracked or illegal also games used in this pc buyed on steam. Also when I start steam game ( CS:GO ) I get also blocked something...

post-1376-0-60749200-1408727162_thumb.png

Eset Smart Security 8 beta requires almost every time to reboot system for clean a threat that was detected. This thing is not very nice and comfortable for work, need to improve or change this.

• Administrators

I swiched from Public to Home and I get the same, but I found that the ESS shows those logs after steam starts so thats the problem.  

Steam version is the latest not cracked or illegal also games used in this pc buyed on steam. Also when I start steam game ( CS:GO ) I get also blocked something...

Couldn't it be that you enabled logging of all blocked communications which serves only for troubleshooting purposes and should stay disabled otherwise?

• Administrators

Eset Smart Security 8 beta requires almost every time to reboot system for clean a threat that was detected. This thing is not very nice and comfortable for work, need to improve or change this.

I saw this when downloading malware in IE; IE locks the file for a while and thus ESET cannot delete it immediately. I haven't noticed this behavior with other browsers, however.

Couldn't it be that you enabled logging of all blocked communications which serves only for troubleshooting purposes and should stay disabled otherwise?

Problem solved, thanks :)

Version 8 is BETA, it does not cost any money, and its a free trial for the duration of the beta period.

I think you simply just register with your current e-mail address if you are installing it for the first time.

No activation is really needed as far as licensing is concerned. Just through mail.

Eset Smart Security 8 beta has Smart Mode in section HIPS, this mode is interesting and it is a good idea. I think that such mode can be added to Firewall.

Eset Smart Security 8 beta has Smart Mode in section HIPS, this mode is interesting and it is a good idea. I think that such mode can be added to Firewall.

The firewall already has a smart mode, its called "automatic"

The firewall has enough modes to accomplish anything needed.

Learning mode can be compared to smart as it creates rules for you.