Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 8 Beta Available

• Administrators

We are proud to announce the release of ESET Smart Security 8 beta. Built on v7, the new version extends protection capabilities of Exploit blocker to protect users from 0-day Java exploits. The firewall now includes Botnet protection to detect and block communication of bots if running on computer (ESET Smart Security only).

You can download the installers from the following locations:

ESET Smart Security 8 beta:

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 32-bit:

hxxp://download.eset.com/special/ess-beta/ess_nt32_enu.msi

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit:

hxxp://download.eset.com/special/ess-beta/ess_nt64_enu.msi

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8 beta:

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 32-bit:

hxxp://download.eset.com/special/eav-beta/eav_nt32_enu.msi

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit:

hxxp://download.eset.com/special/eav-beta/eav_nt64_enu.msi

Although installation over an older version is supported, we recommend performing a clean install. 

To report issues, please fill in the built-in support form or hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/form.

the new version extends protection capabilities of Exploit blocker to protect users from 0-day Java exploits. The firewall now includes Botnet protection to detect and block communication of bots if running on computer (ESET Smart Security only).

nothing new v8 GUI  <_<

Please not,I don't want for example the Win 8 look that most AV companies made in their new products.

• Administrators

nothing new v8 GUI  <_<

Our opinion is that bringing new protection features is much more important that changing icons and gui a bit. Maybe some vendors make new versions with minor face-lifts and then offer upgrade for a fee but that's not the path ESET wants to follow. Our aim has always been to bring state-of-the-art protection to our users, keep them away from threats endangering their digital worlds and to continually work on improving protection as malware writers try hard to find ways how to evade protection.

Our opinion is that bringing new protection features is much more important that changing icons and gui a bit. Maybe some vendors make new versions with minor face-lifts and then offer upgrade for a fee but that's not the path ESET wants to follow. Our aim has always been to bring state-of-the-art protection to our users, keep them away from threats endangering their digital worlds and to continually work on improving protection as malware writers try hard to find ways how to evade protection.

For good sake, please revert the Eset logo as introduced in v7 with v6 i.e.

from post-4830-0-11597500-1407261476.pngto  post-4830-0-66482200-1407261478.png

Edited by SlimRock

from attachicon.gifcCgvCzCs.pngto  attachicon.gifd3ZpKxk.png

I would say the other way,leave it as it is.So you can find so much opinions that it is hard to decide.

Hello Iam Aymane From Morocco I like eset very very mutch ...

but nothing new v8 For Example ... Interface Design Not never change  :(  

No Against Rootkits & Malware ...

Please modified this version

Good Bay ¡¡ :wub: 

• Administrators

Well, if Botnet protection and Java exploit blocker is nothing new compared to new gui that wasn't re-made ... Each to his own. Regarding rootkits, ESET has employed Anti-stealth for ages already. Regarding malware, ESET has been continually improving protection on a daily basis by releasing engine and module updates, including advanced heuristics which has undergone substantial changes in the last 2 years.

Will there be more features added to v8 or just the 2 mentioned above? I'm sure they'll be improvements.

Edited by Alikhan

Is it still as heavy as V7?? is ESET considering regaining the crown of being the lightest/most effective AV again like they did in v2, v3, and v4?

Edited by MaXimus

• Most Valued Members

nothing new v8 GUI  <_<

That's because its just fine as it is :)

from attachicon.gifcCgvCzCs.pngto  attachicon.gifd3ZpKxk.png

The icon is fine and helps identify the product. Every company on the planet uses a company logo, i cant see why Eset should be any different ;)

It does detect rootkits and malware and goes beyond that to detect PUP's. No not little dogs :D , but potentially unwanted programs.

Is it still as heavy as V7?? is ESET considering regaining the crown of being the lightest/most effective AV again like they did in v2, v3, and v4?

Memory overheads are still the same as v7 on my PC, and does not seem to be any slower or faster. I think because of the lack of features on v2/3/4 are what made them faster. Nowadays very few people are running hardware that should see any massive impact from an antivirus running.

" the new version extends protection capabilities of Exploit blocker to protect users from 0-day Java exploits.
The firewall now includes Botnet protection to detect and block communication of bots if running on computer (ESET Smart Security only)."

It's good to hear improved Exploit blocker.
Exploit protection is really important.
Exploit Kits (ex: CK Exploit Kit, Gongda Exploit Kit, Kaixin Exploit Kit) are using Java, Adobe Flash player, MSIE vulnerabilities these days
New version (v8) Exploit blocker protects users from 0-day Java exploits only or included Flash and MSIE...etc?
I'm a little bit surprised that ESS doesn't have Botnet protection(network level)  

Biggest question is that ESS v8 will have strong Behavior Blocker?

Installed on three computers, on two I uninstalled ESET 7 SS and installed ESET 8.  On one I installed over the top of ESET 7 SS.  No issues on any of them so far.

ESET CORP WHY IN THE VERSION 8 beta YOU DONT INCLUDE THIS 

I KNOW THE  ANTI VIRUS ARE VERY PROFECIONAL BUT IS A 60% YOU NEED 40% MORE IN ORTHER TO BE COMPLETE 

LIST YOU DONT INCLUDE THAT MAY HELP TO BE MORE SECURE AND HELP FOR REMOVAL 

Super antirootkit and antirootkit for scan 

ANTI SPY PROTECTION = PREVENT ALL SPY  LIKE WEBCAM SPY ,PORT SPY ,PC AUDIO SPY 

Anti keyloger protection = prevent keyboard be high jack  mice and other stuff  

The vuneravility shield you can update it for enhanced vuneravility shield  to be more storng 

enhanced web protection 

enhanced antispam or super anti spam 

think the Anti-Phishing is not so secure  can you update it for enhanced Anti-Phishing protection and prevention 

enhanced Personal Firewall 

add a new advance Heuristics and foresic detetctions  to detect unknow malware or anything that are not been detected by any software  virus or ect 

new SSL protocol cheking protection = cant not be interseptep   and is full encrypted wtih 256bit or 512bit 

add for SLL protocol  atack block 

add a new desing for eset 8 i know you can do it 

Great news!
I confess I expected more tools (1  year to add 2 items) but still hope it will be added at least a sandbox or improved proactive defense (ESET has a large detection, no further suite is 100% if more endurance HIPS would be welcome :) if can change the interface,I confess I've got sick,modernize it, a more flat style would be cool the important news is focused on protecting, protection botnet is welcome :) I'm waiting for more news

Edited by Antonio

@ESET

Thank you for focusing on the parts of the products that actual matters and that makes a difference protection wise. And also a HUGE thank you for not adding unnecessary features.

IMO, To get 2 new protection capabilities in one year is not bad, NOD32 users should not feel sad as ESS kind of automatically get's "more" new or improved stuff in each release as it have more additional features to begin with like the Firewall that got an improvement.

Also keep in mind that ESET have already said that a new GUI is in the works but they have Not said in what version it will be released. And who knows what the next Beta or the one after that will look like...it will change at some point but we don't know when. And I will be surprised if no one will say "I want the old GUI back" but you can't please everyone. Till then I will enjoy what I got because I like it, and also because I don't know what the "in the works" GUI looks like, I may not like it at all. I hope they keep it simple and clean.