ESET Endpoint Security v8.1.2037.2 Release

T3chGuy007

Hello.  I see that ESET Endpoint Security v8.1.2037.2 was released.  Are there plans to release v8.2 of Endpoint Security soon?  I just don't want to start upgrading my clients to v8.1.2037.2 only to have v8.2 come out a week later as what happened in the post below when v8.0.2039 came out and a week later v8.1.2031 was released.  I know v8.0.2039 was a hotfix and v8.1.2031 was a feature update, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a feature update planned to be released soon.  Thanks!

• ESET Moderators

Hello @T3chGuy007,

On 9/21/2021 at 4:06 PM, T3chGuy007 said:

Are there plans to release v8.2 of Endpoint Security soon?

As far as I know there is no plan to release EES/EEA 8.2, major release is planned but not in upcoming weeks.

Peter

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can enable program auto-update so that Endpoint is updated automatically about 2 months after the release of a newer version.

The only issue with updating is the Restarting after the update goes through. The antivirus is inactive and certain clients have a trouble getting the restart done (at least for me). It's very hard to contact individual users when a company has ex. 50 users especially when they seem to always shut off their computers (despite asking not to). Nonetheless good to see there is a setting for this function.

• ESET Insiders

When using the auto update feature, the upgrade is first applied at reboot, so it will continue to be fully protected by the old version until you eventually reboot the device which is then upgraded

• 2 weeks later...