Fehler Nach Signatur Update

• ESET Insiders

Hi,

es wurde mir heute Morgen nach dem Eset die neue Signatur sich eingespielt hatte, mir plötzlich Angezeigt das die Hip Rules XML zur Analyse an Eset gesendet wird! Warum schickt Eset jetzt seine eigenen System Dateien zur Analyse? Ich Bitte um Aufklärung!

MfG

SlashRose

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that you enabled logging of submitted files in the Live Grid setup? HIPS rules are collected for the purpose of future HIPS improvements.

• ESET Insiders

Die Protokollierung in der Live Grid Setup ist aus, habe in ca.10 Jahre die ich jetzt Eset nutze noch nie eine Meldung bekommen das die Hip XML zur Analyse an Eset Gesendet wird!

• ESET Insiders

But I am a German and English is not my language, then you should probably think about it and perhaps even a German Eset Support Forum to create, for they have indeed finally not just a little Eset customers in Germany, but not all, of the English language are powerful, myself included!

I think some distributors have their own support forum in the local language.

Really? Never seen before!

Can you give me some examples, please?

@Arakasi: No Bing Translator ;) .

OnTopic and @SlashRose:

Can you please say more exactly how this message looks like? And could you maybe make a screenshot?

And especially for you ;):

"Kannst du etwas genauer erklären, wie die Nachricht aussah/aussieht? Könntest du vlt. auch einen Screenshot machen?"

Edited by rugk

• Administrators

Can you give me some examples, please?

I know about a Russian and Czech forum maintained directly by an ESET distributor or affiliates. Maybe there are some others that I'm not aware of. However, forum.eset.com is the one maintained and moderated by ESET HQ staff.

OK, so there is no German forum. Thanks.

Maybe there is...I know I have seen one in the past where afaik people from ESET Germany participates, could you call it semi-official.

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

OnTopic and @SlashRose:

Can you please say more exactly how this message looks like? And could you maybe make a screenshot?

And especially for you ;):

"Kannst du etwas genauer erklären, wie die Nachricht aussah/aussieht? Könntest du vlt. auch einen Screenshot machen?"

Here Please!

post-1266-0-31354700-1407634465_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I have already written above that HIPS rules are submitted to ESET as long as you have submission of statistics enabled in Live Grid. This helps us improve HIPS. This should be logged only if you have logging of submitted data enabled in the Live Grid setup.

OK, so there is no German forum. Thanks.

Maybe there is...I know I have seen one in the past where afaik people from ESET Germany participates, could you call it semi-official.

I have never seen this. And I also found it nowhere today.

@Marcos

Just to make it clear: It's good for you(r development) that this file is send to ESET. It's also not a static file by ESET, because it can be changed.

And if you want, @SlashRose, you can deactivate this in the advanced settings --> Tools --> ESET LiveGrid --> Don't submit statistics.

To deactivate only the logging of this, you can click on this page to "Advanced" an deselect there "enable logging". (for default this option is disabled)

Edited by rugk

• Administrators
And if you want, @SlashRose, you can deactivate this in the advanced settings --> Tools --> ESET LiveGrid --> Don't submit files.

HIPS rules are part of statistics to my best knowledge and thus the submission should be controlled by "Don't submit statistics" box. I will check it with engineers to make sure.

OK. Good to know. (statistics?) ok. Maybe for transparency this should be added to the help file, so that you can read what data exactly is submitted with which option.

I corrected my post.

Edited by rugk