OK now, worried about ransomware

mwr

• Administrators

While ESET NO32 Antivirus can protect you from threats including ransomware, ESET Internet Security contains also Network protection module which can detect and block exploitation of vulnerabilities in network protocols. With network protection module ESET was able to proactively stop the infamous WannaCry ransomware that exploited a particular vulnerability to spread to other computers over the Internet and networks.

Moreover, we're going to release v15 soon which will contain a brand new feature that will improve protection from new threats even more. That said, for maximum protection I'd recommend purchasing ESET Smart Security Premium.

I'm not clear about what you just said. Does ESET NO32 Antivirus provide the best ransomware protection for a stand-alone computer? If not, what does?

2 minutes ago, mwr said:

I'm not clear about what you just said. Does ESET NO32 Antivirus provide the best ransomware protection for a stand-alone computer? If not, what does?

Exactly as Marcos has said. Eset NOD32 does protect from various threats including ransomware, but there are alternative ESET products that have additional protection functions such as Network Protection against vulnerabilities in network protocols and V15 will add to that protection. So its your choice as to which you use. As for full protection, you can only protect yourself as best you can which including how you handle emails, links in emails and attachments to name a few.. 

Do I need protection against vulnerabilities in network protocols if I only have a stand-alone computer (of course connected to the internet)?

• Most Valued Members
On 9/14/2021 at 1:22 PM, mwr said:

Do I need protection against vulnerabilities in network protocols if I only have a stand-alone computer (of course connected to the internet)?

I'd recommend it myself. Best way I can think to describe it is nod32 will protect you for malware but Internet security and smart security premium will also protect you from vulnerabilities as well, and comes with a firewall, network scanning to detect issues on the network (e.g. unprotected routers, unknown devices).

I definitely recommend internet security over nod32. The premium addition adds a password manager and a tool for encrypting files. It depends on if you'd use these. Version 15 is also coming very soon which will add another exclusive protection feature to the premium version. Sadly can't say what.