Device Control block drive D partition

anjayani

image.png.38cb7d86a07105239f3220e69de5f0d5.pngeset blocking drive D, when device control for blocking usb storage activated. please help, it solve by making unblock rule for the HDD by serial number.
is there any simplest way to fix it, because its impossible to add Users HDD serial number 1 by 1

• Administrators

Probably the disk is internally connected via a USB hub. If you click Populate in the Device Control rule editor, does it appear among detected external devices?

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

Probably the disk is internally connected via a USB hub. If you click Populate in the Device Control rule editor, does it appear among detected external devices?

image.thumb.png.bf83353bee71e8683da03c2890d5f80c.pnghdd connected with sata cable direct to motherboard, i dont see blocked hdd in the log but after disable device blocking rule , we can acces drive D (partition D)

• Administrators

Is the disk detected when you click Populate in the Device Control rule editor? Could you post a screen shot with all detected information about the drive visible?

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Is the disk detected when you click Populate in the Device Control rule editor? Could you post a screen shot with all detected information about the drive visible?

Selection_381.thumb.png.bf37bbd2030e94a8950db5cc7efea461.png

I ran into probably the same issue a few times over the past few years. Was never able to figure it out so I kept adding things to the whitelist whenever I ran into the problem. But last year when we moved to Windows 10 the problem went away. (Or maybe it went away because we also upgraded to small SSD's and got rid of the D drive.)

Hope you figure it out.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:42 PM, FRiC said:

I ran into probably the same issue a few times over the past few years. Was never able to figure it out so I kept adding things to the whitelist whenever I ran into the problem. But last year when we moved to Windows 10 the problem went away. (Or maybe it went away because we also upgraded to small SSD's and got rid of the D drive.)

Hope you figure it out.

yeah whitelisting is the only solution for me this time,

On 9/9/2021 at 3:47 AM, itman said:

Is this an external drive?

no , this is an internal hdd, you can acces C drive(windows installed), but not for D

• 2 weeks later...

my client facing this problem since past few days. perhaps an eset update did this ? because earlier this was not there. now all of a sudden few windows 7 PCs with SP1 facing this issue.

BTW, i saw this happen on a win 10 machine also in the same network, but then uninstalling eset, restart & then reinstall solved the problem on win10.

however this does not work on windows 7 machines. also note that not all windows 7 machines are effected. only some.

uninstalling eset removes the problem. note : checked the security  tab properties for both c drive & d drive and it shows proper user and permissions. after reinstalling eset, the d drive is once again blocked. & if you check the properties of c drive security tab, it is normal, but d drive security tab is now not seen - screen shot enclosed.

all pcs are networked & using the latest version of eset protect to administer.

think i will have to whitelist such d drives for the moment.

0.14 PC SC for security tab.png

in my case, today, i simply solved the issue by upgrading eset endpoint on the computer to the latest version & the problem is gone !

unfortunately, for us, we may not see any acknowledgement of the issue from eset, why it happened, & what got it corrected, but the fact is now it stands solved in our case, and so there is no point in pursuing the matter, with the hope that it does not repeat in future.

thanks all, for your time.