ESET endpoint 8: Windows Defender still enabled

carmik

I have a Win 10 system on which for some reason Windows Defender is still fully active, even though endpoint security 8.1 (centrally managed by eset protect) is installed and running correctly. Is this a known issue?

This is the 2nd time I'm noticing something like that. The first time I uninstalled and re-installed ES and that took care of disabling defender. This time though I'd appreciate if there is something on powershell or script I could push to a system to take the least time needed to do that. Plus, target all my systems at the same time.

EDIT: by "... I'd appreciate if there is something on powershell or script I could push to a system to take the least time needed to do that" I meant if there is some powershell command to cleanly disable windows defender.

• Administrators

If you open the Windows Security window, is ESET listed as the provider for virus & threat protection?

image.png

If so, it should be properly registered in WSC and Windows should turn off Defender automatically.

I'm sorry I had to try some things to return the pc to its user. What I did was disable the antivirus protection, which seemingly disabled both eset and defender. Then I enabled eset only and it all looked well.