Login to ESET Protect failed

My customer tried to login ESET Protect but failed with error:

Login failed: Unable to deserialize RPC message

Reset the password but still the same issue. First time saw this error. Please advise.

• Administrators

Since we haven't come across this error yet, I'd recommend raising a support ticket with your local ESET distributor for further troubleshooting.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also getting this exact same error. Initially i couldn't even open the ESET protect Console. So i uninstalled and reinstalled the web-console and tomcat. Now it get to the sign in screen and when i sign in it gives me the same error this user has. 

Login failed: Unable to deserialize RPC message

I have tried to reboot the entire server and restart all of the services. Nothing is working and no way for me to log into the webconsole. 

• ESET Staff

Could you please double check that both ESET PROTECT WebConsole and ESET PROTECT Server are of the same and compatible version? This might be relevant in case it started to happen after upgrade attempt was made, which might have failed.

I think that the failed update is what happened. I did try to update it a few weeks ago. and it just kinda stopped so i thought it was done. I just ran the new download of the protect and it showed the server needed to be updated. So i ran it and now its working as it did before.

Thanks for the help.