Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320

Two days ago windows update installed that update on my PC (win 7 ultimate 64 bit).

After that the windows updates no longer work.

Error code: 80072F8F

Also see this thread. I tried all suggestions there but none works. The only solution is to restore the system with a restore point before that installation, but 1 or 2 days later windows installs that Agent 7.6.7600.320 again and all problems are there again.

Today Agent 7.6.7600.320 was also installed to my notebook (win 7 home premium 64 bit) also the same problem.

What should I do?

Edited by User

I got the same update.  The strange thing is, it's only showing up on one of my PCs.  My other Windows 7 machines are not getting the update, which is strange considering it relates to Windows Update.  I don't see why it would be something released to only this specific machine. 

Edited by Anumator

• Administrators

What ESET product do you have installed? Do you have SSL scanning enabled? If so, does switching to interactive mode (Ask about non-visited sites) and excluding the communication utilizing the certificate from scanning make a difference?

ESS 7.0.317.4 and SSL scanning enabled.

Excluding the certificates makes no difference.

When I deactivate SSL scanning the updates work.

I can confirm that I installed the Windows Update stated above and with SSL enabled, Windows would be unable to check for updates.

Disabling SSL fixes the issue.

• Administrators

A new Internet protection module 1140 will address this issue that was caused by an incompatible change Microsoft has recently made to WUA.