Jump to content

Alternative Password Manager


Lethal
 Share

Go to solution Solved by itman,

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I've been using eset for sometime and like it (way beta than avira or bitdefender for eg).

I am seeking an alternative to LastPass.

Does Eset a password manager (cant see any reference to one), failing that can anyone recommend a good free one (with unltd passwords held).

I am looking at either NordPass, Roboform or Dashlane...leaning at this stage to NordPass.

Appreciate any advise.

 

regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sounds great NewbyUser. It also looks fine.

However I only have a long standing Eset Internet Security Licence.

Doesnt expire til 2023. I wonder if marketed seperately?

regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, Lethal said:

That sounds great NewbyUser. It also looks fine.

However I only have a long standing Eset Internet Security Licence.

Doesnt expire til 2023. I wonder if marketed seperately?

regards

Nope apart from the android version. I belive you can possibly upgrade your license however. You'd need to contact where you bought it from e.g. go to your countries eset site

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks peteyt,

I bought what I have directly (online).

Not even sure eset has an Australian site...

I have 'created a case' and I'll wait to hear.

Looks like an upgrade to smart security premium might b the G.O.

There are however some other fully functioned password managers out there. I particular refer to NordPass & BitWarden.

Both have sizeable advantages, and are economical.

Thx for the input!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
1 hour ago, Lethal said:

Doesnt expire til 2023. I wonder if marketed seperately?

Appears Eset is using SaferPass as its password manager:

Quote

Previous versions of Smart Security licensed password management technology from Sticky Password, though the ESET version didn’t include all features of that product. With the current release the suite’s password management comes from a different, unspecified third party. Though the company wouldn’t confirm it, the presence of several unique features and attributes has me convinced that ESET licenses the technology from SaferPass.

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/eset-smart-security-premium

The yearly cost of SaferPass equates pretty much to the cost difference between EIS and ESS:

Quote

Paying for SaferPass won't break the bank. At $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year, it's among the less expensive commercial password managers.

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/saferpass

BTW - PC Magazine rates SaferPass as average.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Some years ago I tried to get ESET's password manager to work and couldn't and initially went with LastPass.  I ditched it following a data breach and the move to only offer the free product to one device.  Now with Bitwarden and it's excellent.

NB. I haven't recently tried to get ESET's offering working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, Skier said:

Some years ago I tried to get ESET's password manager to work and couldn't and initially went with LastPass.  I ditched it following a data breach and the move to only offer the free product to one device.  Now with Bitwarden and it's excellent.

NB. I haven't recently tried to get ESET's offering working.

I should note that eset uses a different product now password manager wise 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Skier & Peteyt!

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I have found Bitwarden, and generally it IS great.

It is just NOT intuitive enough to cope with multiple google accounts.

Some thing I will (again) raise with them.

ciao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, Lethal said:

Hi Skier & Peteyt!

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I have found Bitwarden, and generally it IS great.

It is just NOT intuitive enough to cope with multiple google accounts.

Some thing I will (again) raise with them.

ciao

I use Sticky Password myself which ESET's old password manager was based on. It is okay but has some missing features and isn't really updated a lot.

I found in the past when job hunting some sites would use the same service and have the name in the subdomain which used to confuse it. Not sure if that is still the same 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...