឴឴឴

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

• Administrators
  • Solution

This can be caused by active malware preventing installation of ESET, by improper registry permissions for the "Image File Execution Options" registry key or by another security software blocking writing to that registry key. Do you have ESET installed in the default location or in c:\eset ?

ESET usually installs to the program files directory not C:\eset

Are you running a different copy of windows?

The gui looks a little weird similar to modding.

Norton may still have self defense drivers installed, have you tried running the norton removal tool?

Even try running the eset uninstaller in safe mode and remove all it finds. Followed by reinstallation.

It appears your registry could have some issues as well if Norton isnt still blocking.

Let us know.

I concur with Marcos as i have seen many PUA get by Norton and cause serious issues.

Yes it seems that Norton does not see PUAs as a potential problem.

• Administrators

We'd need furher logs to diagnose the problem. Going back to Norton which possibly left some malware or PUA causing issues when installing security software may not be a good step.

Glad you sorted it :)

But i'm not sure what you installed AFAIK there is no product called "HitmanPro360" Only HitmanPro by SurfRight.

When you get ESET installed and have it up and running then I would also run an full system scan with it. And also a scan with Malwarebytes Free wouldn't hurt just to see if they find anything more.

Ah I understand ;)

Good that Malwarebytes didn't find anything more serious than that.

Did you also run an in-depth scan with ESET? It might take a while but it's worth to do to be on the safe side.

Edited by SweX