ESMC - EES versions missing, Package not found in repository error, no update option

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hi all, I used ESMC (virtual appliance, versions below) a couple of days ago and Eset Endpoint Security had several versions available the newest being 8.1.x. Today I have tried to upgrade another client and I only have one version of EES available, 8.0.2039.0. 

I tried to select that version and install onto a new system via the agent and I receive an error "Package not found in repository". In the Help menu, the button to check for updates is missing. I have restarted my VA but still the same.

Is there an issue with the repo at the moment? Not sure why versions seem to be missing (usually there is around 5 versions of EES for Windows to choose from) and there are failures when trying to push the version that is shown.

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.2 (7.2.2236.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.2 (7.2.230.0)

Thanks

• Administrators

Do you see only v8.0.2039 in the repository if you create a software install task? Even if you remove all filters?

image.png

• Administrators

I would recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor. Theoretically there could be a problem in network communication when retrieving the content of repository so a pcap log with network communication from the start of the EP server service as well as the server trace log created with higher verbosity might be needed. The support staff would provide you with instructions.

My issue resolved itself after a few hours but the techs advised I move to ESET Protect so I am setting up the new VA and pulling the DB across today.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Just to let you know, we had an configuration issue which was fixed almost immediately, but it might have affected ESMC/EP instances as they are synchronizing in hour intervals.