EDTD at a glance??

BrianMorris

Is there a good way to tell if an endpoint has EDTD enabled at a glance? I have some clients that pay more and get EDTD, but I can't figure out how to make sure they have have it activated and on without individually checking each computer.

Edited by BrianMorris
typo

• ESET Staff

Hello,

The only current way how to verify if EDTD is "enabled" is to check whether a corresponding policy that enables it is applied to a client + if a correct EDTD license is present. The second one can be done by a dynamic group, that will filter computers having a particular license, based on a product type / PLID. The first one, only by policies assignments checking. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:44 AM, MichalJ said:

Hello,

The only current way how to verify if EDTD is "enabled" is to check whether a corresponding policy that enables it is applied to a client + if a correct EDTD license is present. The second one can be done by a dynamic group, that will filter computers having a particular license, based on a product type / PLID. The first one, only by policies assignments checking. 

Thanks for the reply. Just to reiterate, I have 176 endpoints that should have EDTD. I have them in a group with a policy with EDTD settings. If EDTD fails in some way after activation, I will be alerted. If I forget to activate/enable EDTD, it won't tell me. 

Could you add a column that is the EDTD status? 

• ESET Staff

Hello, per the knowledge I have, our PM / Dev teams are currently looking on a way how to precisely monitor "functionality statuses" of products / features. When done, it should resolve also this issue, that OK state will be reported as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

@BrianMorris  You can create a dynamic group template called for example "EDTD Activated machines". I put it as a subgroup under the dynamic group "Windows Computers" 

image.png.a7d287464f4d7f743553cb648b5298b5.png

Then you can create another dynamic group called EDTD is not activated or license is invalid and also nest under Windows Computers. 

image.png.6e0e428ba6806eead853ced8bd7ab642.png

This will house all machines that do not have EDTD Activated yet. if you want to ensure that these machines stay activated with the EDTD license you can create an activation task that will trigger if any machines fall into this group >>

image.png.b2cccdc743eabe019170cd5472fd59af.png