Upgraded to ESET Endpoint AntiVirus in Linux Mint but GUI not working

Guest logomage

Well that's it really, I'm running Linux Mint but when I upgraded from NOD32 AV to ESET Endpoint AntiVirus, nothing happens when I attempt to launch the program and the GUI I think is supposed to display doesn't, so I don't know if the program is working or not.

• Administrators

Linux Mint is not supported. For a list of supported distributions, please refer to https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/installation.html?system_requirements.html:

Software requirements

The following operating systems of 64-bit architecture are officially supported and tested:

Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS 64-bit

Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8 with supported desktop environment installed.

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cristian - ESET LATAM

Guys, I understand that it is not officially for Debian, therefore it does not work for Mint. but .. does it work with Lubuntu?

• Most Valued Members

As far as I have seen that only GNOME can show you the GUI , others can't , I am with MATE and I can't launch the GUI.

Guest Matthew

Hit the same issue today. Using Linux Mint MATE desktop. Nod32 will be discontinued August 2022 and the renewal is due in 5 days. Only renewal option was for the new software which jumped from £29/yr to £79/yr and it won't even work...

Phoned ESET to 'downgraded' the license back to Nod32 and took manual payment over the phone at a discounted rate up to July 31st 2022 so we still have some cover.

Hopefully in the next 10 months ESET will create a version that works on the MATE desktop environment or I can find a suitable alternative that will.

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, Guest Matthew said:

Hit the same issue today. Using Linux Mint MATE desktop. Nod32 will be discontinued August 2022 and the renewal is due in 5 days. Only renewal option was for the new software which jumped from £29/yr to £79/yr and it won't even work...

Phoned ESET to 'downgraded' the license back to Nod32 and took manual payment over the phone at a discounted rate up to July 31st 2022 so we still have some cover.

Hopefully in the next 10 months ESET will create a version that works on the MATE desktop environment or I can find a suitable alternative that will.

Problem is that they are if I'm correct, discontinuing the home version. Apparently it costs too much to run and maintain it and it has a too small user base. I do believe they are open to it in the future if their is better interest 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.