eset security is no longer supported on your outdated version of microsoft windows - Updating ESET issue

Go to solution Solved by NewbyUser,

I have an older laptop windows 7 (SP1) x86, which can't be upgraded to win 10 as the hardware will not even support it. Currently on Eset Smart Security 4 (yes older laptop) runs just fine no issues with light footprint.

Long story short was hoping i could install the latest version of Internet security and I get this error

"eset security is no longer supported on your outdated version of microsoft windows"

Is there no way to install a newer version of Eset on older win 7 OS?

There was an article about having 2 different KB but not sure if that will work and not wanting to install anything that can cause or break other things.

thanks

Still didn't answer the question about the KB.

That site is not entirely accurate. Also you forget drivers are a big thing and not all MFG have updated drivers on older models so that a lone is a show stopper. I have no intentions of upgrading the systems running fine on 7 with interactive FW and HW FW (pfsense) before it even reaches the nodes.

My guess is I'm stuck with the older version which is fine. was hoping someone had more info on the KB

• ESET Insiders

I believe version 11 and 12 may NOT require those KB's, you may want to try those first before 14.

Both 11 and 12 are available on the original link I provided.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

I wonder if it's safe to use the old version of eset these days?
What can happen if I use the old versions today? 

Old versions are not recommended. The support is limited and some have no support.

Older versions also have missing features and bugs that aren't fixed. By using an older version you are putting your computer at risk

• Most Valued Members

And new malware variants have advanced techniques in infecting or communicating or whatever etc.. older products doesn't have protection against those type of attacks

I guess v4 doesn't have a Ransomware Shield for an example.

It's better to run the latest ESET that can run on Windows 7