Delay restart

Servus Community,

I accidentally updated the ESET engine on an Exchange server, it was already up to date. Now the server wants to have a restart and for this I would like to wait until office hours are over. Is the protection still granted until then?

Thx & Bye Tom

• Administrators

It depends. If the protection status is red and telling you that protection may not work properly, you should reboot asap. If the protection status is yellow and a restart is recommended, it should be safe to restart the server after a couple of hours.

Servus Marcos,

the protection status is red but it only indicates that a restart is required. No further indication that the protection status is impaired or out of function. Anyway, since the matter is unclear, I have now restarted the system.

However, your development department should take a look at this. With a regular update, this request to restart always comes and even the users do not necessarily register this alert from ESET, or simply ignore it and postpone the restart until the end of work. They are then only advised that a restart is required. In the meantime, it must be clear that the virus protection is still working, - or if not, all alarm lights should go on. A message that a restart is required is than not enough. With Windows updates, postponing the restart is also common practice.

Thx & Bye Tom

• Administrators

You can configure to update the product automatically or ask before update. Approximately 2-3 months after the release of a new version the product will download a program update and install it after the next reboot so the product won't be in a state when it will be waiting for a restart after upgrade.