Stop constant "New device detected" pop ups on Mac ESET Endpoint

Rick2001

Hi folks.  We recently started using ESET Endpoint on our Macs at work and since doing so, I constantly get pop ups for New Device Detected even though I am not attaching any new devices.  When it prompts I've done the following to try to get rid of it

- Clicked scan
- Clicked no action
- Checked Remember This Action and clicked Scan
- Checked Remember This Action and clicked no action

None of these actions has made this go away and it's infuriating.  Looking for help on how to make this stop.  Thank you.

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that it's a TimeMachine volume which is detected? Could you post a screen shot?

Does it happen with real-time protection disabled? If it's TimeMachine-related, where does TM store data? How is the disk connected?

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that it's a TimeMachine volume which is detected? Could you post a screen shot?

Does it happen with real-time protection disabled? If it's TimeMachine-related, where does TM store data? How is the disk connected?

Hi there.  Thanks for the reply.  System setup is an iMac with OS running on USB 3.0 connected SSD and Time Machine is using the slow internal HDD that came with the Mac.  The pop up happens for both drives constantly.  Image attached.  I have not tried disabling Real Time protection yet.  Thank you!

Monosnap 2021-08-17 10-55-18.jpg