ESET Mobile Security Free on my new Samsung cell

Go to solution Solved by Ed Spurrell,

Hi All,

I got prompt by ESET Internet Security for an update and had to restart system. A popup box came up after and gave me a link to my account and when I went there it showed my active mobile license but it was for my old Samsung I sold a year ago.

How do I remove the old Samsung phone and replace it with my new Samsung S10e so the ESET license will continue to work on my new phone?

Greatly appreciate any help here.

Cheers

That didn't work. I 'disconnected' the old samsung and now I have no device for the valid license key in myeset mobile internet security account. I cannot add the new samsung s10e to that existing license. It says that key will not work for this device...lovely :(

• Administrators

There is no ESET Mobile Security license registered to your email address eXXXXXXXXXl@nXXXXXXXXXXo.ca. I could find only one valid EIS license registered with that email address.

Thank you for the reply itman. I followed your instructions in the link. I install the mobile app and when prompted to select email address, the only options are to use my gmail account or select another. I select another option and proceed to enter my hotmail account and password. All goes well and done. when i open eset it starts the process again. Seems the only way I can install eset mobile app and open it is if I use the gmail account which gives me the 30 trial. But the problem there is I cannot connect it to myeset account because it fails on the email address because the mobile app is set up with gmail and not hotmail. Why the heck is eset mobile app forcing me to use my gmail account to install it. I have uninstalled eset mobile app several times and just getting tired of the endless loop. One more try and I will forget it and move on to another mobile app. Greatly appreciate your help with my problem

cheers

@Marcos thanks for the reply

That is true. When I first setup ESET many years ago and purchased the license I used my internet provider email account. Since then I thought I added my hotmail account also. I setup MyESET account with my hotmail account and all seems well. It When I open it there are 6 devices showing but actually there should be only 1 which is my desktop. When I go to the mobile internet security section there is 1 and that was my old samsung cell. I removed that as to itman's instructions. Now in the mobile section there is still the license but no device showing and I can't add the new samsung to that section. If you go into MYESET account you should see that ok.

@Marcos when i open myESET on the Samsung i see the home page. under overview i see 2 boxes. one is 'licenses' and number of licenses is 1 In the 'Devices' is shows number is 6. When I open licenses it shows ESET Mobile Security for Free Paid next payment 01/20/2039. Purchased = 1 used = 0 available = 1. Public license ID is there and License key is there. But I cannot add the new Samsung. Figure that one out. Under the 'Devices the Samsung is showing as 'Protected' but ESET Mobile app is not installed on my device at the moment.

Might be better here to start with "a clean slate" as far the existing my.eset.com account goes.

I would delete your existing my.eset.com account. Then proceed to create a new my.eset.com account and register your existing Eset mobile license at the same time as shown in this article: https://help.eset.com/ems_gp/6/en-US/index.html?my_eset.html

Thank you for the reply itman.

Question before I attempt that.

If I delete the myESET account won't that delete the License name: ESET Mobile Security For Free  with all the info there? Like the license key that is valid until 01/20/2039. (I am assuming when I installed that on my old Samsung phone it was a special offer.)  On the myESET account when I 'open license' I can only see the info under the the ESET Mobile Security For Free. My desktop license does not show at all. It just gives me the info for the mobile.  I will attempt to add my desktop license to see how that goes first.

@itman

I added my desktop valid license to the myESET account and now showing 2 licenses. but instead of having 6 devices showing in list I have 5. The Samsung 10e is now missing lol. But I still cannot add the Samsung S10e to the ESET Mobile security For Free. Still saying 0/1 devices . This is a nightmare and I am afraid to delete the myESET account for fear I will lose that Free license. :( I do not want to add the Samsung again at this time because it will go in the list under my desktop license. I don't want that. I really don't know my next move.

Greatly appreciate your suggestions

• Administrators

I was able to find only a license for ESET Internet Security for Windows registered with your forum email address. It doesn't cover ESET Mobile Security for Android.

Did you also purchase a license for ESET Mobile Security? If so, did you purchase it from Google Play or directly from ESET? If you didn't purchase a license, then you were provided a freemium license. Such licenses are not managed via my.eset.com, at least it doesn't make sense since you'd get a separate freemium license after installing ESET Mobile Security automatically.

@itman thanks I just sent a message to customer care and got a email notification they will look into it.  I wil post back here once I find out something about my issue.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you also purchase a license for ESET Mobile Security? If so, did you purchase it from Google Play or directly from ESET? If you didn't purchase a license, then you were provided a freemium license. Such licenses are not managed via my.eset.com, at least it doesn't make sense since you'd get a separate freemium license after installing ESET Mobile Security automatically.

Thanks for confirming that my.eset.com is N/A in regards to free license. That was my assumption also.

Another possibility occurred to me.

Eset Mobile Premium was originally downloaded which has a free 30 day trial period. This resulted in the license being created in a my.eset.com account. After the 30 day trial expired, the product reverted to the free version. However, the license data remained recorded in the my.eset.com account.

@Marcos  thanks for reply. I know the mobile license is not showing up on my ESET desktop account. When I done a desktop ESET update it gave me a popup to get the mobile app. So I clicked on it and it brought me to myESET . So I signed in and that's when I seen the License name ESET Mobile Security For Free. I click on 'show license' and it displayed the info including the expiry date and License key.  Plus it showed the old Samsung phone in the device section so I disconnected it and attempted to add the new one. That's when I started having issues. (Note: there was only one license attached to myESET account and that was the ESET Mobile Security For Free). I later added the desktop license to myESET.  Now I have 2 licenses showing in myESET. I am sure Customer Care should be able to see both licenses in my myESET account now. The ESET Mobile Security For Free should not have anything to do with my main ESET account for my desktop system.  Maybe that's why you don't see it there.

I am trying to recall how I got the ESET Mobile Security For Free and I am thinking it was a giveaway offer i got maybe a year ago  when I had the older Samsung phone. I visit some software giveaway sites daily.

Greatly appreciate your replies.

@itman  ok if the Customer Care don't figure it out before the 30-day trial I will see what happens after that. Maybe it will revert back and become available to enter the licensed key fir mobile that I have in myESET. Crossing fingers hehehe

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Ed Spurrell said:

Still no reply from Customer Care yet :(

They may see you as a non-paying trial user if you submitted the ticket via the internal contact form from a freemium version of ESET Mobile Security. Trial users' tickets get lower priority than tickets of paying users.

I was unable to find any my.eset.com account registered to your license / forum email address eXXXXXXXXXXl@nXXXXXXXXXXo.ca

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Ed Spurrell said:

Thanks Marcos...i will just have to wait i guess. Although I did mention my paid account also. but it's ok

When submitting a support request via the internal submission form, it's primarily the product license key which is used to map the ticket to an existing license and user. The license key for your freemium version of ESET Mobile Security identified you as a trial user when the ticket was created in the system.

Please drop me a personal message with your my.eset.com email address.

@Marcos When I open myESET account I see under 'License' I see 2 and under 'Devices' I see 6.

Regards to the email ed........co that is the email ESET sends me my renewal notifications. That was the first email I set up with ESET years ago. I will send you my email I have setup for the myESET account.

• Administrators

I don't see any issue with your my.eset.com account.

You have one free license for ESET Mobile Security added which is used on your Samsung S10 and 1 EIS license:

image.png

I think there are still many problems with MyEset.  For myself, the EIS license status is available, even though it is clear that I have activated it on my laptop and have used it for more than five years.