Someone hacked my account on eset.com and changed my e-mail adress and my password. I discovered this when I received the attached email from ESET that  I had 1 hr to object to the changes but I was driving and didn't see the email until too late. How can i fix this problem? 

Edited by Marcos
Screen shot with email address removed

• Administrators

I was unable to find a my.eset.com registered with your forum email address. Did you use a different one or you haven't created a my.eset.com account yet? Did you use the same email email address as your license registration email sXXXXXXXXXXXXd@adXXXXXXXXXXXs.com ?

Even if you had no MEC account yet, it could be that an unauthorized person could access your email due to the breaches of 3rd party services.

image.png

3 hours ago, Simonsays said:

Someone hacked my account on eset.com and changed my e-mail adress and my password.

The main issue here is if you had left you credit card info on your Eset account for auto renewal purposes. Assume the hacker now knows your credit card account number.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, itman said:

The main issue here is if you had left you credit card info on your Eset account for auto renewal purposes. Assume the hacker now knows your credit card account number.

The credit card number is stored nowhere. The my.eset.com portal doesn't showcase the number even partially as far as I know. Definitely there is no risk of an attacker stealing your money from credit card even if a user had a license subscription and an attacker breached into his or her account.

22 hours ago, Simonsays said:

How can I take back control of my account? 

Contact Eset North America support here: https://www.eset.com/us/existing-customers/# . I believe Live Chat option only available M - F,  9 AM - 5 PM Pacific time.

They will have to access the hacked my.eset.com account and either delete it, or reset it to your e-mail address with a temporary password. If the later, you will then have to change the temporary password to a strong password of your choosing. If they delete the existing my.eset.com account, then you will have to set up a new one again.

BTW - you don't need a my.eset.com account. The feature was created primarily to facilitate managing of multiple Eset licenses. I deleted my previously created my.eset.com account and will not set up another one until Eset provides 2FA logon on capability.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
On 8/15/2021 at 12:29 AM, Simonsays said:

How can I take back control of my account? 

Has the issue been resolved? If not, please provide me with your my.eset.com email address in a private message.