Chrome blocked by firewall - Only Pause Firewall allows back in

Go to solution Solved by Need This To Work,

Chrome browser states Antivirus or Firewall blocking website (all websites). No blocked applications showing in Network Protection.

Tried setting to automatic mode. Did not work.

Did reset of firewall. This worked for a time then was blocked again in 24 hours.

Only disable or pause of firewall allows Chrome to access internet.

• Administrators

Most likely updating to v12.2.24 or newer will fix this. The new version will be available soon. You could install v12.2.23 available for download but this has been temporarily pulled from the repositories due to an issue we detected from telemetry information that affected a small number of users with non-default settings.

Ok yes, that machine is on 14.2.19

Checking for updates in the software gives no results for update.

Is there a way to manually update this?

My other computers that are working just fine are on version 14.2.23

Edited by Need This To Work
additional information

18 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You could install v12.2.23 available for download but this has been temporarily pulled from the repositories due to an issue we detected from telemetry information that affected a small number of users with non-default settings.

Actually, it hasn't been pulled from off-line update web site. See this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/29422-eset-will-not-update-to-14223-on-multiple-pcs/?do=findComment&comment=138001 .

I also did a download and file details state it's ver. 14.2.23.

2 hours ago, Need This To Work said:

Looks like this will require I uninstall and reinstall eset. I downloaded 12.2.23 and it refused to install since eset is already installed.

Well, I guess this resolves the issue if Eset pulled ver. 12.2.23 or not.

Although the file detail states the installer download is ver. 12.2.23, it is not. It is actually version 12.2.19. This is why Eset is stating its already installed. So no need to uninstall Eset, since you will only be installing ver. 12.2.19 again.

• ESET Insiders
17 minutes ago, Need This To Work said:

Ok now have version 14.2.24 showing and still chrome is blocked by the firewall. Disable of firewall resolves Chrome issue.

Go through the firewall rules and delete any affecting Chrome. If firewall is set to auto, rules for blocking will still be enforced, that’s why you need to delete any rules involving chrome. 

Edited by NewbyUser

• ESET Insiders
11 minutes ago, skello said:

This is also happening to business ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.2031.0 

Then it’s best to start a thread in the Business products section. But I’d imagine it’s the same issue. Delete rules involving Chrome. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We have eventually pinpointed the issue to an incorrect loss of trust due to changes in the issuer of the Chrome certificate.

The issue will be addressed in the firewall module 1424.4 soon.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We have eventually pinpointed the issue to an incorrect loss of trust due to changes in the issuer of the Chrome certificate.

The issue will be addressed in the firewall module 1424.4 soon.

Actually this module is missing to be updated, it has been over 2 months since it was updated. 

image.png.60373009d1ad1ac1f1308ebd70d142a5.png

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Actually this module is missing to be updated, it has been over 2 months since it was updated. 

image.png.60373009d1ad1ac1f1308ebd70d142a5.png

As mentioned in the previous post, the components are only updated when needed. E.g. if hasn't been updated in 2 months as there has been no issues discovered/reported in the firewall for 2 months.

As far as I'm aware the only thing that is updated regularly, at least on a daily basis, is the malware signatures