How to transfer devices from trial to proper license in Eset Buisness Account

• Administrators

If you have received a new license key, add the LK to your EBA account and send a software activation task with the new LK selected to clients. It's also possible that you didn't receive a new LK and the ESET partner converted the trial license to a full license on the backend; in that case you wouldn't have to do anything.

Thanks Marcos but..

I registered a trial version on a private e-mail address and started ESET PROTECT Cloud on it. I bought the paid version on a different, business e-mail address. On the EBA assigned to the private address, I can see both (trial and paid) licenses. On EP Cloud, where you can define tasks suggested by you, I only see a test version. Should I register the EBA at a business address?

• Administrators

Does the problem persist after you click Sync licenses in the License manager in the ESET PROTECT console?

image.png

• ESET Staff

Hello,

The paid license that you have bought does not allow you to use ESET PROTECT Cloud. You should have purchased "ESET PROTECT Entry" without the "on-prem", as that is only limited to use on-prem deployed ESET PROTECT console. Unfortunately you will have to upgrade your license. 

Regards,

Michal 

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Staff

Yes, but your ESET PROTECT Cloud instance will be later on shut down, as you will no longer be entitled to use it. But your endpoints will run, after you manually replace the license.