ESET PROTECT Essential On-Prem.

LTL

It's a new solution for Linux desktop.  I download the eeau.x86_64.bin and installed it by using command lines.  However, I could not activate the license which was provided to me through email.

ESET Endpoint(Basic).png

ESET Endpoint_Permission.png

• Administrators
5 hours ago, jamdo63 said:

Same problem.  I was provided with a license that expired 6/27/2021 rather than 2022. 

I was able to find only a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows (3AN-EG8-WHK) which doesn't entitle you to activate ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux. If you have such license, please provide its public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

Hi Marcos. 

Is this the number you are looking for? 3AN-BR8-B4R

-  I only have linux, and have been running Eset for linux.

- You provided me a user name and password for my linux installation on June 22nd because of a password problem with linux installations.  I still have that message.

- The update message I received from Eset reads: Your ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop product has reached it’s end of life. We have upgraded you to ESET's latest solution, ESET PROTECT Essential On-Prem.  However the expiration is 6/27/21

On 8/10/2021 at 5:40 PM, jamdo63 said:

Bump

Hi Marcos. 

Is this the number you are looking for? 3AN-BR8-B4R

-  I only have linux, and have been running Eset for linux.

- You provided me a user name and password for my linux installation on June 22nd because of a password problem with linux installations.  I still have that message.

- The update message I received from Eset reads: Your ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop product has reached it’s end of life. We have upgraded you to ESET's latest solution, ESET PROTECT Essential On-Prem.  However the expiration is 6/27/21

On 8/10/2021 at 5:40 PM, jamdo63 said:

I reinstalled NOD32 for linux as it seems to be updating the antivirus signature and working as before.

The ESET protect upgrade has license database problems apparently and subjective problems with user interface per the forum.  Perhaps this will all get straightened out at some point.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:32 AM, Marcos said:

I was able to find only a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows (3AN-EG8-WHK) which doesn't entitle you to activate ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux. If you have such license, please provide its public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

• Administrators
On 8/10/2021 at 11:40 PM, jamdo63 said:

Please provide me with the username in a private message since I have already emptied the forum inbox in the mean time and older sent messages are no longer available.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the "ESET Endpoint Antivirus + ESET Server Security (ESET File Security)".   

Running the "ESET Endpoint Antivirus" made my desktop computer running Ubuntu 20.10 with gnome unstable and slow. Sometimes I had to kill scand and the load went down. Sometimes it hung.  

Switching back to "ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop" was a bless. ESET NOD32 works like a charm.

Any other with similiar problem and a solution to this problem?

• Administrators

Please

3 hours ago, Hans Olaf said:

Running the "ESET Endpoint Antivirus" made my desktop computer running Ubuntu 20.10 with gnome unstable and slow. Sometimes I had to kill scand and the load went down. Sometimes it hung. 

Please raise a support ticket with your local ESET distributor and provide logs collect as per https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/collect-logs.html

You can use the legacy ESET NOD32 Antivirus, however, it will be fully terminated in H1/2023 and will receive no further module updates then.