Phising Protection - Firefox Not Supported?

Why isn't the Phising Protection for Firefox supported?

Firefox is an open-source browser and it has many mobile add-ons. I can't imagine that Firefox has no API that ESET could use to integrate Phising Protection.

I used:

• ESET Mobile Security for Android 3.0964.0
  • Firefox 31

Also see this:

post-3952-0-69288500-1407576703_thumb.png

Edited by rugk

OK, but the difference between this browsers are clear:

• Firefox is much more used and
  • Firefox surely has such an API

OK you said that they should do some coordination.

But for Firefox... What should Mozilla still do? There source code is free to download and so ESET should really be able to integrate Phising protection in this browser. It can't be such difficult!

Chrome has such an API and Firefox not??! I can't believe it!

But if this is true, then you also have another way: add-ons!

You can create an add-on (that you have to install if you want to use Phising protection in Firefox) that provides the connection between Firefox and EMS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, maybe. This would be quite a good solution. Also add-ons can faster be updated without need to update the complete EMS, e.g. if a new Firefox version releases and the system changed.

Or you (ESET) should write to Mozilla and say they should add such a API, so that it will be possible to add the integration.

Be proactive, ESET (like your software)!

• 5 months later...

Any update on ESET and firefox?

I am looking for a security softwarr that can check downloaded files and system security loopholes...then I feel like my setup is finished. Due to https-everywhere and adblock edge in firefox mobile I can't life without it. So does ESET finally support firefox?

My system setup so far:

Nexus 6 | Chroma ROM #latest | Franco.Kernel #latest | Security setup:

Encrypted | VPN 24/7 | SuperSU to mange root | Disabled untrusted certificates (bye spying governments) | Override DNS to use NortonDNS on 2G/3G/4G/Wifi | AdAway with malwaredomainlist | App Ops to disable permissions on apps | Telegram for secure chats | Firefox with HTTPS-Everywhere & AdBlock Edge

AFAIK there aren't any new news.

But all files downloaded (to the download dir) by Firefox will be scanned by EMS.

Edited by rugk

• 1 month later...

Hello. ESET is still not working on a plug-in anti-phishing to Firefox? This is a complex process of development? Will this plug-in in the future?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Such big companies like ESET still can not make a plug-in for Phishing Filter in firefox (((Even Sticky could do autocomplete plugin for Firefox. My opinion about ESET spoiled.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Look at this KB: ESET Mobile Security for Android FAQ.

It says:

Anti-Phishing integrates with the most common web browsers available on Android OS. In general, Anti-Phishing protection is available for stock browsers that come as pre-installed on Android devices. Chrome is also supported except on Android 6 – we are currently working on the fix.

If there is any news I'm sure that KB will be updated.

;)