Banking and Payment Protection causing website errors

Starting last week, I believe with the 14.2.19 version update, certain websites started malfunctioning in both Edge and Chrome when opened in the Banking and Payment Protection browser. In the case of one, a credit bureau website, I was no longer able to login. I kept getting a message from the site "We are unable to process your request right now". In the second, a bank website, when I click on certain links, I get an error page that reads ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS. I used the browser on my mobile phone to test the credit bureau website, and it worked, even though I have ESET installed on my phone, too. Though the mobile version doesn't seem to include Banking and Payment Protection. Since it worked on my phone, but not on my laptop or desktop, I figured something else must be wrong. It wasn't until I opened my bank website and also noticed the troubles that I decided to disable Banking and Payment Protection to see what would happen. Sure enough, both sites function normally now. Both the laptop and desktop are running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 version. I really like Banking and Payment Protection, so I'm hoping there is a simple fix.

15 hours ago, fatman45 said:

Sure enough, both sites function normally now.

Post the URLs for these two web sites you are using in B&PP.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, fatman45 said:

Both the laptop and desktop are running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 version.

I am running the same Win version.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, fatman45 said:

In the case of one, a credit bureau website, I was no longer able to login. I kept getting a message from the site "We are unable to process your request right now". In the second, a bank website, when I click on certain links, I get an error page that reads ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

I experienced no like issues for either of the URLs you posted using Firefox and Edge in Eset B&PP mode. I don't have Chrome installed.

Upgrade to ver. 14.2.23 and see if the issues persist.

• Administrators

Does it work without issues in a standard browser and the problem is only when you open the sites in a secure browser?

11 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does it work without issues in a standard browser and the problem is only when you open the sites in a secure browser?

Yes. I am about to upgrade to 14.2.23.0 as the other poster suggested. I will report back if it is still an issue.