Functionality of partially activated Anti-Theft service (4 star level)?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I recently bought and installed ESET Internet Security on my business PC running a clean install of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. But I have two questions regarding the Anti-Theft service.

1. What Anti-Theft functions are available when not applying the phantom account but still achieves a four star optimizing level rating?

(Applying a loginable phantom account is unfortunately not an option for my small business company because we sometimes deal with classified data and cannot allow any non security login even if the login maintain the highest restrictions by Windows).

2. Is it standard of ESET Internet Security to prepare an inactive windows account (only visable at C-drive security tab as shown in picture) with random letters for later use should the administrator decide to create a phantom account through myESET?

I my case I never activated any phantom account on myESET, only the Anti-Theft security tool and PC connection to myESET is active (with status notification for anti-theft optimization set to off in advanced settings to keep the program status ''green''.

1561962827_InactiveaccountatCdrive.thumb.jpg.043f25b07715be865bab7349a39def71.jpg

• Administrators
  • Solution

1, I assume that all features will be available except the phantom account. Without a phantom account it's quite possible that a possible thief will not keep the system turned on and thus Anti-theft may not be able to report information about the notebook.

2, Yes, a new system account with random letters is created when you enable Anti-Theft.