Internet not working after comp wake up

Guest zzuzu

Hello, I've been having problems with ESET Smart Security lately. Every time I wake up my computer, I have to wait a few minutes for the internet to start working as ESET updates. It also always exceeds all computer resources. Is this normal behavior? Thank you for the answer

Guest zzuzu

Installed it yesterday and so far so go. Today it took ESET only like one minute to let me use internet again. But what's weird... sites like google or facebook were still working. Anyway, thank you so much for your help ;)

6 hours ago, Guest zzuzu said:

Today it took ESET only like one minute to let me use internet again.

Your network adapter connection to the Internet should be fully functional upon resume from sleep mode. Eset does not interfere with network connectivity in this regard.

The Eset firewall however might be blocking some inbound network traffic. Upon resume from sleep mode, open the Eset GUI. The select Network protection -> Troubleshooting wizard. This will show all blocked inbound network connections within a certain time period. The default period is the last 15 mins..

Edited by itman
  • Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, Guest zzuzu said:

Installed it yesterday and so far so go. Today it took ESET only like one minute to let me use internet again. But what's weird... sites like google or facebook were still working. Anyway, thank you so much for your help ;)

Do you use Powerline adapters by any chance? Sounds like a similar issue I've had a few times but not in a while.

The problem seemed to be happen with me when I'd turned my computer on but not turned my downstairs powerline adapter on (my router is downstairs).

Like you some things wouldn't work and I'd have an alert that the firewall couldn't be reached but Google would work. Some sites wouldn't however work

Edited by peteyt
Guest zzuzu
On 7/31/2021 at 3:02 PM, itman said:

Your network adapter connection to the Internet should be fully functional upon resume from sleep mode. Eset does not interfere with network connectivity in this regard.

The Eset firewall however might be blocking some inbound network traffic. Upon resume from sleep mode, open the Eset GUI. The select Network protection -> Troubleshooting wizard. This will show all blocked inbound network connections within a certain time period. The default period is the last 15 mins..

Checked it and nothing was blocked. It's weird. Really. I had problems before eset update and since update, it's way better.

On 7/31/2021 at 5:10 PM, peteyt said:

Do you use Powerline adapters by any chance? Sounds like a similar issue I've had a few times but not in a while.

The problem seemed to be happen with me when I'd turned my computer on but not turned my downstairs powerline adapter on (my router is downstairs).

Like you some things wouldn't work and I'd have an alert that the firewall couldn't be reached but Google would work. Some sites wouldn't however work

Nope. I don't. I have cable tv. I don't know how it's called but it's small box that splits one cable into two. One leads to TV and one to router.