Jump to content

ESET pops up a warning when downloading Thunderbird 32 bit and deletes file


Recommended Posts

Hello.

I tried to download https://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-78.12.0-SSL&os=win&lang=de. After completion, ESET Endpoint Antivirus showed a warning for a very short time and deleted the file. I could not find any log entry for that. This happened on two different Windows 10 clients. VirusTotal says that this file is clean.

Regards,
Thomas

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I was unable to reproduce the issue. The file was downloaded alright without any detection or alert.

If something was detected, there should be a record of it in logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
20 hours ago, Thomas F. said:

Hello.

I tried to download https://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-78.12.0-SSL&os=win&lang=de. After completion, ESET Endpoint Antivirus showed a warning for a very short time and deleted the file. I could not find any log entry for that. This happened on two different Windows 10 clients. VirusTotal says that this file is clean.

Regards,
Thomas

 

It cannot be that ESET removed something without logging it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

It cannot be that ESET removed something without logging it

I can't imagine that since every single detection is logged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
40 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I can't imagine that since every single detection is logged.

Yes I think the same as you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...