I've blocked internet access on Edge

I've done something via the interactive firewall mode and now i can only get Firefox to work. Not Edge.

It does however work when i pause protection. I deleted all the rules created during interactive mode but i still can't get Edge to work.

Normally i wouldn't mind using Firefox but all my email passwords are saved with Edge.

Can anyone advise how to rectify this?

Thank you

• Administrators

Probably some of the custom firewall rules that you created prevent Edge from communicating with the Internet. You can use the firewall troubleshooting wizard to check the list of recently blocked connections and unblock the desired one(s).

Should the problem persist, consider uninstalling EIS and installing it from scratch with default settings.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Probably some of the custom firewall rules that you created prevent Edge from communicating with the Internet. You can use the firewall troubleshooting wizard to check the list of recently blocked connections and unblock the desired one(s).

Should the problem persist, consider uninstalling EIS and installing it from scratch with default settings.

Hi,

I've deleted all the rules and there is no recently blocked communications in last 5 or 15 mins.

I really dont want to uninstall and start again, it just seems that i am for whatever reason blocking MS Edge.

Years ago on Eset i'm sure there was an option to see all the applications which were allowed / not to access internet, is there any where i can find that on the UI?

Thanks

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reboot the machine
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here. (Only ESET staff can access attachments)