Mail Security EOL

Greetings,

the announcement that EMSL will reach EOL this year hit me hard. Can anybody tell me what caused this disastrous decision? Is there a follow-up product? This creates a huge gap in my portfolio as partner and enduser. 

What are you guys end up using?

Cheers
Joshi

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET Mail Security for Linux is based on the v4 engine which is quite old, and has been in Limited Support for quite a while (continues to receive module updates, only fixes for critical bugs and vulnerabilities, support for existing customers, etc.).  It has not been offered for download for quite some time now. 

There are no plans for a successor product at the current time, but that could change given market opportunity.  It is best that you contact your local ESET office or distributor to discuss further, as this forum is primarily for user-to-user peer support.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• ESET Staff

Hello @Joshi - I will be interested in hearing more about the particular deployments of this product in your / your customers environment. For what they were using it? What kind of mail servers they have been using? We are discussing internally a potential successor, but no decision has been made yet. Your insights might be very helpful. You can message me directly over here, if you do not want to disclose details publicly.