Jump to content

EBA Device Name not updating


Recommended Posts

The Device Name in EBA is not updating after a computer has been renamed. When staging a computer we quite often have the computer named differently than it's final name (ie, snoopy1.domain.com). When we put the computer into production it would be renamed to snoopy.domain.com. EBA still shows the Device name as "Snoopy1.domain.com" and the Seat Name as "Snoopy1.domain.com". In the past the Device name has updated to reflect the new name while the Seat name still shows the previous name and EBA would then allow us to update the Seat Name and everything would match. I have computers in EBA that were renamed just a few months ago and the Device name updated as expected. However the computers that we replaced in the last month the Device name has not updated in EBA. I have tried removing the computer completely from ESET Protect, deactivated the license in EBA, de-activated and re-activated the license numerous times, re-synced the licenses in ESET Protect and it doesn't seem to matter what I do the wrong Device name ends up in EBA. What is the trick to getting the Device name to update correctly in EBA?

We have not upgraded to ESET Protect 8.1 yet, maybe I should upgrade to 8.1 and try again.

Edited by rockshox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After fiddling around with this more, I believe I have found the problem. I have found that there is a registry key WebClientComputerName located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info that is not updated to the new computer name but contains the old computer name. The key must be protected by ESET as I am unable to change it manually even having permissions. I found that if I uninstall ESET Endpoint Antivirus and re-install, the key now has the correct value and EBA now shows the correct Device name.

One other thing I noticed was there was a computer we renamed two days ago that the value did update in EBA. In looking through all the licenses in EBA that I know we renamed the computers in the last few weeks, the computers that had ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8.0.2028 appeared to update the Device name in EBA correctly. Computers that were renamed with ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8.1.2031 did not. Uninstalling 8.1.2031 and then re-installing fixed the bad Device name in EBA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue and reinstalling is not an option for me. Hope this is fixed soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...