ESET Secure Browser - sometimes it is spawned other times it isn't

I never know if the ESET Secure Browser (ESB) will be spawned. For example this morning it was spawned when I went to pnc.com, but not citi.com. Other times citi.com will trigger ESB, but not usbank.com. Still other times usbank.com, but not chase.com.

How can we make sure ESB is triggered 100% of the time? It doesn't inspire confidence in the ESET stack.

ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.2031.0 managed via ESET Management Agent 7.2.1266.0, Chrome Version 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (64-bit), Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1110]

Eset maintains an internal list of known banking/financial web sites that it uses to auto switch to B&PP browser mode. Obviously, there are thousands of such web sites and Eset's list only includes the well known frequently used ones.

Note the following:

1. Any web site can be manually added to B&PP Protected websites list and configured to open using Eset's secure browser widow. Once done, the web site will always open in B&PP mode.

2. One can also manual open B&PP via desktop provided shortcut icon or from within the Eset GUI itself. Then enter the URL there for the web site to be accessed.

Edited by itman

30 minutes ago, katycomputersystems said:

PNC, Citi, USBank, Chase are four of the 10 largest US Banks, it seems these should be included.

Well, all I can say is the only bank site you listed that doesn't auto open in B&PP mode in EIS 14.2.19 is Citi.

Looks like a bug in EES 8.1.

-EDIT- I was using Firefox for the above testing. It might also be a Chrome related issue.

Edited by itman

Thanks itman.  This morning, my Chrome results concur with your Firefox results. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case, and it begs the question - why isn't one of the largest financial institutions opening in ESB ?

13 minutes ago, katycomputersystems said:

why isn't one of the largest financial institutions opening in ESB ?

I really don't know what the issue is with B&PP and the Citi website. It has been commented on previously in the forum and the issue has existed for sometime.

• ESET Staff

Hi katycomputersystems,

thanks for your post. I revalidated all mentioned addresses and some sites changed over time, so I updated our banking DB accordingly.