Virus Signature Database Update Failed (Trial version)

• Administrators

This is a legacy product ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. We do not provide trial licenses for legacy products that are going to be discontinued soon. However, if you are considering purchase you could contact your local ESET distributor and they might provide you with a temporary license.

Holders of an ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop license will get a replacement product probably  some time next year.

I just downloaded and installed this yesterday - if it's legacy, why is it the only option on your website, lol?

I do plan to purchase, but was going to go through the website directly (home use, no local distributor).  Will Linux desktop still be supported next year (and onward)?

• Administrators

The legacy product for Linux desktop is available only under "I already purchased" in the menu, ie. it's not available as a trial version.

Owners of a NOD32 EAV for Linux desktop license will get a replacement product before the current legacy version is discontinued completely.

actually, I downloaded it from here (https://www.eset.com/int/home/antivirus-linux/download/), not the "i already purchased".  Doesn't matter, but just in case you guys need to change.

I'll get the purchased version running and will hopefully resolve the update issue.  Thanks for prompt replies.

I got the link off a website when searching for AV, so maybe it is a direct link under the "i already purchased" - I don't know.  All good for now though, thanks.