Computers not connecting to OVA ESET Protect

Hi guys,
I would like your help with this case. A customer uses OVA ESET Protect, but computers usually give this error when connecting to the console:

image.thumb.png.50f56dac8b0508efd43ed0da459ffb40.png

And we have found a way to solve it and it is by restarting the eraserver service from the SSH connection. This is obviously is not a solution for the client because it is annoying to do this every time.

If it is helpful I attach the logs of the OVA server.

Regards!.

customer_info.rar

• ESET Staff

Could you please double check that provided logs are from this problematic client devices? There seems to be different connection details, or more precisely those logs are probably from EP itself, not from problematic device.
But regardless of that, I would recommend to check network connectivity, i.e. especially whether used EP is accessible on port 2222 from client device.

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately it is not clear from provided logs what exactly us wrong -> there is definitely some kind of network connectivity issues, but not clear which one. As HTTP proxy is used, I would recommend to check it is configured properly so that it can redirect connections to your EP (this requires explicit whitelisting of it's hostname/IP address to work properly).

Also enabling full verbosity logs of management AGENT might helps, as described in documentation: https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/81/en-US/fs_agent_connection_troubleshooting.html, but it might not help in case problems is actually on HTTP proxy.

Hi @MartinK thanks for your answer,
This is the current proxy configuration in the agent policy:
image.thumb.png.66636568561bf4f9cd42af836cd3e510.png

And this:
image.thumb.png.80dbc46a472b7f8e7afa6844a2f9bc5f.png

It is unconfigured. I don't know what a good idea it is to configure the use of the http proxy in the agent because, as you saw above, the client has published the EP console with a public IP, but if that solves the problem we could do it.

I will try to find another computer that has the problem with the connection, to enable full verbosity, because this one that we reviewed already connects well after restarting the eraserver service from SSH.

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, Mauricio Osorio said:

It is unconfigured. I don't know what a good idea it is to configure the use of the http proxy in the agent because, as you saw above, the client has published the EP console with a public IP, but if that solves the problem we could do it.

Actually I was pointing out to fact that AGENT is actually configured to use HTTP proxy (it's hostname is visible in provided status.html log) and as that might be reason for connectivity issues, I was rather proposing to disable it.

In case HTTP proxy is not configured via configuration policies, it is possible it was previously, or that HTTP proxy is set via installers, i.e. there might be install parameter specifying it. In case proxy as visible in logs is actually not accessible or even no longer used, I would recommend to check installers for this kind of configuration. Also in case problematic device started connecting, please check it's configuration - it can be requested via "Export configuration" task, or by action initiated from client details screen.