Policies specified in all-in-one installer not applied to endpoint security product

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Greetings, I'm running a test for ESET PROTECT (VA) with 3 x Windows end nodes in an offline environment. I have created an All-in-One installer including two custom policies specified (one for endpoint one for agent). I can still see the names of these policies shown at the beginning of the installation process, however, I noticed from the web console that neither of the policies were applied to the security product initially, then after the auto initial scan starts running, the builtin 'HTTP Proxy usage' policies for both ESET Endpoint for Windows and ESET Management Agent were applied on the security product on the node

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

• ESET Staff

Hello, if you were looking for them in "applied policies" tab, you won´t find them there. What installer does, is it configures the endpoint according to those policies upon install, but not applies the policy. Policy can be applied only by the means of assigning it to a specific group / client. 

Thanks Michael for that. Hmm in that case can I stop the Http Proxy Usage policy from being applied automatically on the computer? Cos it seems that the config in my policy is overwritten by that in the Http Proxy Usage policy

Thanks!

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

You can do it by simply removing the policy, or unassigning it. I assume, that what you did, is you enable the HTTP Proxy during the setup of the appliance. As a result, the policy was automatically created and assigned. You can remove the assignment. Just click on the policy, click "change assignments" and then select a target and click unassign.