Dismiss security alerts in ESET PROTECT web console

Hi there, just wanted to find out if there is a way to dismiss warnings/alerts in ESET PROTECT's web console? For instance, the policy we intend to have in our offline environment disables real-time file system and anti-phishing protection, and therefore this shows up as a security risk for every single end nodes. Without being able to dismiss warnings/alerts like these, our end nodes would forever pose as problematic in the web console..! Thanks very much

• Administrators

It's possible to customize reporting of application statuses.

image.png

While I would understand disabling anti-phishing protection on an offline machine (it wouldn't make sense but whatever), disabling real-time protection would render ESET just an on-demand scanner which might not detect all threats that the other protection modules could. Please clarify why you need to keep real-time protection disabled since it affects also other protection modules, including HIPS and ransomware protection.

Thanks Marcos this is very helpful! The systems running in our offline environment (forensic lab) requires accessing large volume of data (hundreds of gigs or tb at a time) on a constant basis, where we need to keep files in place even if they're infected (can't just have them deleted or quarantined to an isolated place) and therefore we have indeed only been using our current antivirus solution as an on-demand scanner

Very keen to hear your thoughts and insights on the best practices for an environment such as ours though 👍

So with the below instructions I was able to eliminate the alerts from the security product GUI on the end nodes, but I still see the alerts in the web console under 'COMPUTERS' view. Is there a way to eliminate the alerts from here also?

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's possible to customize reporting of application statuses.

image.png

While I would understand disabling anti-phishing protection on an offline machine (it wouldn't make sense but whatever), disabling real-time protection would render ESET just an on-demand scanner which might not detect all threats that the other protection modules could. Please clarify why you need to keep real-time protection disabled since it affects also other protection modules, including HIPS and ransomware protection.

• Administrators

The same setting enables you to disable reporting of particular application statuses to the ESET PROTECT server.

Just uncheck the appropriate check-box in the Send column:

image.png