False positive

Go to solution Solved by Aryeh Goretsky,

44 minutes ago, ThomasP said:

they are using our software as you may read here: hxxp://watananews.net/jonews/article-news/228249.html#.XLPf9UjgrZ6

Thanks for the posting; quite "revealing":

Thomas Pasquier, CEO of the company PASSWORD REVELATOR LTD, says that in the meantime, from the height of his 17 years, he preferred to find how to get unlimited wizz on MSN Messenger rather than doing his homework. They have developed a whole range like hack profiles pictures, get the complete list of friends or even read emails of your contacts! The team growed and a notoriety appears internationally, their software MSN Revelator was downloaded 300,000 times in 1 week!

Edited by itman

52 minutes ago, itman said:

Thanks for the posting; quite "revealing":

Yes thanks, this was in 2008.

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

If you believe a file or website is incorrectly being detected by ESET's software, follow the instructions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb141-submit-a-virus-website-or-potential-false-positive-sample-to-the-eset-lab to request that is be re-analyzed.

This forum is not the place to dispute detections.  As such, we are now drawing the topic to a close and locking this message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Administrators

We will unblock the website after it has been completely cleaned from malware. There is still malware being detected on the website.

1 hour ago, ThomasP said:

Please see the report: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.passwordrevelator.net

The website has been fully cleaned.

Sucuri doesn't always detect all malware on a web site.

I was finally able to scan your web site with Quttera. Full report is here: https://quttera.com/detailed_report/passwordrevelator.net . As @Marcos replied, your web site still contains malware. See below screenshots:

image.thumb.png.99f9c9f9f9fc204fa227c8dfa4b6f53b.png

BTW - here's a great article on SEO Spam:

What Is SEO Spam?

SEO spam, also known as spamdexing, is an attempt to use your website to rank content that won’t rank otherwise. This is a black hat SEO technique. Hackers use it to generate revenue but in the process, they spam & destroy your website

Why is it called SEO spam?

You probably know that SEO stands for search engine optimization. Businesses use SEO tactics to optimize the content of their websites so that they rank on search engines like Google.  

SEO is not considered spam by default. But certain SEO tactics are considered black hat.

If Google finds out that your website is engaging in black hat SEO, they will ban you from the search engine. 

This is why spam hacks are so dangerous. Hackers break into your website and use black hat SEO techniques to rank their own products or sites. In the end, they make a lot of money and your website is left in ashes.

https://www.malcare.com/blog/seo-spam/

Edited by itman

Posted (edited)

hey, I am not responsible of this issue! If the website was attacked by a spam SEO, it's no my fault at all, we are working on this to fix the issue currently

Itman, I don't know why you are so rude with me, but if people want bad thing against us, it's not our fault at all, if they write fake reviews, it's not our fault and we do all our best to fix the problem we have now. As you can see, in the last report, we worked well to clean the website.

Edited by ThomasP

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, ThomasP said:

hey, I am not responsible of this issue! If the website was attacked by a spam SEO, it's no my fault at all, we are working on this to fix the issue currently

Itman, I don't know why you are so rude with me, but if people want bad thing against us, it's not our fault at all, if they write fake reviews, it's not our fault and we do all our best to fix the problem we have now. As you can see, in the last report, we worked well to clean the website.

Like itman I'm suspicious of any hacking tool as I'd presume they where illegal or in a very grey area. 

What I'm curious about is your linked article and website which claims links to Intel and Microsoft yet googling it there appears to be no links. 

• ESET Insiders
8 hours ago, ThomasP said:

You're the owner and CEO, you ARE responsible for your business web site, it's content and security as well as being responsible for the general ethicality of the business as a whole. I'd also say it seems this topic should close. The issue has been explained, whether ESET continues to label the site as a PUA is up to them, not you. There's no need for personal comments that may be misconstrued as attacks.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, NewbyUser said:

I'd also say it seems this topic should close.

While Aryeh had previously closed it, we re-opened it at least temporarily to let the OP know that the website had not been cleaned completely from malware as opposed to what the OP was claiming.

We'll draw the topic to a close now.

Posted (edited)

The software was distributed on intel AppUp and Microsoft Bizpark (this was in 2011).

I am working on the website to clean it.

Thanks

Edited by ThomasP

• Marcos locked this topic