[GUI] Message box: remember access state

Guest Euegene

My browser started asking for webcam access recently, and while I haven't had much time to investigate the reason for that, I used Eset's allow access prompt, that it generously shows every time the browser opens, to block access for the time being. Now it allows me to choose whether to remember my choice for this application or to ask every time:W8uqlki.png

Question is, can Eset remember the state of radio button? Since I want it to ask me every time, it would be logical for it to keep "Ask every time" checked every time this application tries to access webcam, because I don't want to click on the radio button every time until I eventually decide whether I should block/allow access.

• Administrators

It would not be safe to remember the state of radio buttons when it comes to creation of rules. As for the notifications, please wait a while until v14.2.20+ is released; it should address the issue.

Guest Eugene

Thanks for the answer, could you elaborate on the issue that will be addressed? I thought this web cam behaviour comes from the browser or some of its extensions, since another chromium based browser I have (Edge) doesn't produce these "allow access" notifications. Also I don't get what the radio button state has to do with safety, it's just a UX thing for me: I want the program to ask me every time and make less clicks, while the program defaults to remembering my choice forever every new time, making me do extra clicks.

Guest Eugene

Edit: I saw the thread concerning web cam access for various apps that are not running and/or already blocked, but I actually don't have such problem, the only time this notification pops up is when I actually start this particular browser (Vivaldi), hence why my question is less about the fact that there is some access attempt going on, and more about the message box itself and how to make it more productive.

Sorry for wall of text :)