Check which workstations need updates

beethoven

Using Cloud 2.3.5.1 and wonder how to easily check which workstations need to be updated with respect to the security agent or the management agent.  At the moment I need to check each station individually via "show details" but assume there must be an easier way.

I realise that I can see the version under computers overview but this does not provide info on the management agent. I also see that there is a pre-configured option to show computers with outdated modules though this does not show anything for me even though some pc need updating.

edit:  Just found the answer in Overview / Status

Edited by beethoven
Found the answer

• ESET Staff

As you probably found out, most basic information is available in main dashboard, in the following section:

image.png
which also offers possibility to manually upgrade outdated ESET components.
There is also dashboard named "ESET Applications" which do provides more detailed view of how many and what version of ESET products are outdated.

Thank you Martin - I found this myself just after posting the query but was not able to delete the post, so I just edited it instead.  I have not made use of the Dashboard/Eset Application info - thanks for pointing this out.

• 3 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST! Could the dev team please just add a column for the Agent Version, just like there is a column for the Security Product version. 

Right now if I pull a report with older Agent Versions, I literally take a pic with my phone or take screenshot and print it and manually find the assets and update them. It's awful.

Adding a column would improve the my user experience considerably!!

Edited by BrianMorris

• ESET Staff

@BrianMorris you can easily use "dashboards" for this. Over there, you can filter out the computers, which have either not latest version of agent, or security product. Especially in EPC, we have implemented agent auto update, so in foreseeable future, all machines will be automatically running the latest compatible version. So column would not be required anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff
On 8/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, BrianMorris said:

Right now if I pull a report with older Agent Versions, I literally take a pic with my phone or take screenshot and print it and manually find the assets and update them. It's awful.

Could you please specify why would you do this? Mentioned update actions will list and offer execution of update on devices where AGENT is not on the latest version. Or problem might be specific of environment where online-based upgrade won't work?
Also note, that AGENT will actually upgrade itself automatically after some time (there is a few weeks/random delay) so it might be easier, especially in case there are no new features introduced in AGENT that would require immediate upgrade.

Thanks for the response! Ok, I re-read what you posted above and you gave me some hints. I found that I can click on the outdated Agent version and click "Update installed ESET products..." and then just tell it to upgrade all of those agents. This is a huge help.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 160702.png