Microsoft Edge Keeps Trying to Access My Webcam

Hello, 

I have webcam protection enabled, and I've noticed for some time now that I'll get requests from Microsoft Edge to access my webcam when I'm not on a page that would require it (when I'm accessing Google Docs, for instance). It's haphazard (going back to the same webpage doesn't necessarily trigger the event again), and it doesn't immediately seem to be linked to malware (I run scans frequently after these events, and I have yet to detect anything). Does anyone know what this might be, and why I'm getting these requests? 

Thanks!

• Administrators

I'd recommend reproducing it with advanced device control logging enabled (adv. setup -> tools -> diagnostics) and subsequently providing logs collected with ESET Log Collector to customer care for perusal.

• 3 weeks later...

This also happens for me as well but I think it happens because Edge need to check the privacy settings and connected hardware occasionally. Especially after clearing cookies and website permissions but also when add-ons is available for download. However, I'm not entirely sure I'm right about it 🤔

Edited by Ensto